Chapter 18 ~ Dead

Chapter 18

Dead

~ Flashback ~

“Mummy! I’m scared.” I cried. She was packing some clothing and food into a bag. She looked at me. Tears ran down her face. She crouched down in front of both us and looked us both in the eye. She was a beautiful human that was for sure. She had really long wavy light brown hair and blue eyes. She had a kind face that made anyone trust her almost immediately. 

“I know, Alana. Be brave my children. Edolas you must be a brave boy, when you grow up make sure to protect your sister. And Alana, you must protect your brother as well. We shall now meet Gandalf and then we will ride to Rivendell for safety.” She said she embraced us both and stood up to get the bag. 

“But mummy. What about Papa?” Edolas asked. He had long blonde hair and blue eyes. He was a little taller than me, and was six years older than me. He was my best friend, in the whole world. I loved him to pieces.

“Your father was in the front line of defense. He was killed by an arrow.” She said, teary. I wept, uncontrollably. Mummy picked me up and held me to my chest as she shooed Edolas out the door. I sobbed into my mother’s chest. We walked carefully down the stairs and to the back entrance. Gandalf stood just outside the door waiting with Shadow-Fax. 

I hopped down from my mother’s arm and ran to Gandalf with Edolas. 

“Gandalf!” We both cried. I hugged his legs, as I was not tall enough to reach his waist. Edolas of coarse reached his beard. I looked up at him and he smiled sadly. Mummy passed him our bag and he loaded it on to Shadow-Fax’s back. 

“Come now children we have a long walk ahead of us.” Said our mother. She held our hands and we followed Gandalf towards the forest. We started to walk away from our home. I ran up to Gandalf and held his hand.

“Did you see Mirima anywhere?” I asked worried about my friend. He shook his head sadly. I knew this to mean she was also dead. How could two people I’ve known for my whole life be gone in a matter of seconds because of the Orcs. We heard a scream. I turned around with wide eyes.

My eyes fell on my mother. Edolas was still holding her hand. There was a single arrow protruding from her chest. My eyes grew wide. I tried to run to her, but Gandalf held me back with his arm. I screamed her name. She looked at me sadly. 

“MUMMY!!!! NOOOOOO!!! MUMMY!!!” I screamed. 

“I love you both so much.” She said. She crumbled to the ground. I screamed. 

“COME BACK, MUMMY!!! YOU CAN’T LEAVE. MUMMY!!! WE NEED YOU!!! DON’T GO!!! NOOOO!!!” I screamed through the tears. I never got how one day a person could just not exist anymore. I couldn’t get the concept of dying in my head. How could my mother just be gone in a matter of seconds? I couldn’t stop screaming.

She didn’t move and neither did Edolas. In the distance I vaguely saw the Orcs marching towards us. I couldn’t stop screaming. I felt numb all over, I couldn’t breath, I couldn’t move. Just scream. I couldn’t believe it. 

“Edolas run!!” Gandalf shouted at Edolas he still hadn’t moved. He looked at my figure. He let go of Mummy’s hand, which fell limply to her side. He looked me straight in the eye.

“I love you, and I will protect you.” He said. He turned around and drew his sword. 

~ ~ ~ Hello. Thanks for reading. Good bye. ~ ~ ~