Chapter 43 ~ Follow Me

Chapter 43

Follow Me

We stood on a particularly high platform that seemed to be attached to a tree. I backed away from the edge, suddenly fearing the extensive height that brought on Gandalf’s death. 

“Mae govannen, Legolas Thranduilion.” (Welcome Legolas, son of Thranduil.) I edged further away from the plummet. 

“Govannas vin gwennen le, Haldir o Lorien.” (Our Fellowship stands in your debt, Haldir of Lorien.)

“A Aragorn in Dunedain istannen le ammen.” (Aragorn of the Dunedain, you are known to us.)

“So much for the contrary of the elves, speak words we can all understand.” Gimli said, rudely.

“We have not had dealings with the dwarves since the dark days.” Haldir say coldly, looking down at Gimli.

“And you know what this dwarf says to that? Ick kackwin, I durugnul. “ I cringed. I wasn’t an expert at that language but I knew it meant something along the lines of ‘you’ ‘Orc’ and ‘dung’.

“That was not so courteous.” Aragorn said looking at Gimli. Haldir walked away from the two of them.

“You bring great evil with you.” Haldir said to Frodo. He continued, “You can go no further.” Haldir said to Aragorn. Haldir started to walk away and Aragorn followed him. I sat down as far away fro the edge as possible. 

I watched as Aragorn and Haldir spoke fast and in hushed tones. Legolas looked back at me and smiled. I smiled back. 

“Gandalf’s death was not in vain. Nor would he have you give up hope. You carry a heavy burden, Frodo. Do not carry the wait of the dead.” Boromir said encouragingly to Frodo. I watched as Haldir came over to us.

“You will follow me.” He said. So we did. 

~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ I know it's short, I'm sorry. But today is a very busy day and at least I updated. Three more chapters before the epilogue!!! I'm soooo excited! I hope you like it. And I hope you don't murder me! ~ ~ ~