Chapter 20 ~ Be Brave (Legolas)

Chapter 20

Be Brave ~ Legolas 

I woke up. I turned on my back and looked around my room, it was completely unlike my own room at home. Everything in Rivendell was coloured white or cream whereas in the Woodland Realm everything was coloured green or blue, with flowers and leaves decorating every inch of any surfaces. Rivendell was nice but I didn’t have any friends here, well apart from Alana. She seemed to like me well enough. Alana was the only person I’ve really talked to, here. 

What was that noise? I asked myself. That’s probably what woke me up. I looked to see what time it was. It was five in the morning. What on earth would be making that sound at this time in the morning? 

I sat up and focused on the noise. I could tell that it was close, but it was really quiet. I swung my feet off the bed. I opened the door, and peered out of it. The hallway was silent and eerily still. Apart from the noise you couldn’t hear a thing. 

Stepping into the hall had made it clearer. It sounded like crying, like horrible brokenhearted sobbing. They sounded like they were in pain. I didn’t know the place well so I didn’t know where to go to help them. Alana would know! 

I crossed the hall in a few strides and knocked on her door. She didn’t answer. I knocked again a little harder, still no answer. I knocked again. Nothing. 

I tried the doorknob as I was getting worried as the crying got louder and she wasn’t opening the door. It twisted easily. I peeked in. 

Alana was on the floor curled up in a tiny ball sobbing mercilessly. My heart went out to her. I opened the door wider and walked in closing it behind me. I ran over to her. I put my hand on her shoulder; she stiffened and hastily tried to wipe away her tears when she realized it was me. I didn’t even try to ask what was wrong I just kneeled down beside her and pulled her into a hug. She didn’t refuse, she just leaned back onto my chest. I rubbed her arm gently… Completely freaking out. 

I had no clue what to say or what to do. I never really had girl friends before. Or many friends in general. I also never had to comfort someone before. She had her head and part of her back leaning on my chest with the rest of her curled up in a ball. I had my arms wrapped around her knees and arms. We rocked back and forth a bit as I contemplated what I was supposed to do. She had stopped sobbing but still had tears running down her face. 

“Look, I do not know what you are upset about nor how I can help. But if I can do anything to help make you feel better let me know.” I said. I had no idea where that came from, but I’m glad I said it because her tear flow seemed to slow down. We still sat there for a while and eventually her breathing slowed. 

At first I panicked and thought she was dying but then I realized she was sleeping. Then I really had no clue as to what to do. Do I leave her on the floor or in my arms? Should I get her a blanket? Should I wake her up? Should I move her?

I shifted my arms around so that her head was leaning against my arms. I slid my other arm under her knees and gently lifted her up. She weighed almost nothing! 

Then again, she was an elf, or was she a human? I really couldn’t tell. She was beautiful enough to be an elf and was graceful enough in battle, but when she wasn’t in battle she stumbled on the littlest things. Her ears were pointy but they also looked like weird round human ears. I couldn’t decide. 

I walked over to her bed carefully so as not to disturb her. I laid her down and pulled the covers on top of her. She frowned a little in her sleep.I chuckled at her. She looked adorably peaceful sleeping there. 

I wondered what I should do. Should I leave her and risk something like that happening? Or should I stay and make sure nothing happed? I contemplated it. 

I walked over to the wall and sat down leaning on it. Whatever happened I hoped Alana was going to be okay. I crossed my arms and led my head droop onto my shoulders.

~ ~ ~ OMG you are welcome!!! You got an update and in Legolas's P.O.V. Got to go. Bye. ~ ~ ~