Chapter 23 ~ Break

Chapter 23

Break

We neared a giant cropping of rocks. I looked ahead at Gandalf. He strutted tirelessly, no noticing that everyone else grew increasingly weary and tired. I quickened my pace so as to catch up with Gandalf and talk to him. He looked sideways at me. 

“Yes Alana?” He asked.

“Well Gandalf, everyone grows weary as we have not had a break in six hours. It is nearing nightfall.” I took a deep breath and continued.

“The hobbits can barely keep up, and Gimli looks like he’s about to fall asleep. May we rest at these rocks, for the night?” I asked. He looked sideways at me and chuckled. 

“Of course we can Alana. Why don’t you tell everybody the plan?” He said still smiling. I nodded. I turned around and stopped walking. Legolas was the next one behind Gandalf. I smiled at him. 

“We are going to camp at the upcoming crop of rocks for the night.” I said.

“I suppose you had something to do with this?” He asked smirking. I nodded and grinned. He stopped beside me and turned to wait with me while I told the others. Gimli came up next. 

“We are making camp at the rocks for the night.” I said. He nodded and grunted something incoherent.

“Well mmmhhmhmm to you to.” I said under my breath. Legolas laughed. Frodo, Merry, Pippin and Sam were next. I told them and Frodo nodded. Merry and Pippin gave me a high five, and Sam said thank you.

Boromir came up shortly behind them I told him the same thing, he thanked me and continued on. Aragorn was bringing up the rear. I wrung my hands nervously. Legolas, sensing that something was off between Aragorn and I, placed a hand on my shoulder and trudged after the group.

He walked up to me. I started to fall into place next to him. 

“I-uh well-erm… We’re stopping at the rocks for the night.” I said. He grunted. I looked at him, but couldn’t see his face because he was looking out at the trees. 

“Look, Aragorn. I did nothing wrong, you have no reason to be mad.” I said. He grunted in response.

“I lost my first big brother, don’t let me loose my second one too.” I said tearing up. He looked the opposite way towards the other trees. 

I felt my eyes sting.

I quickly sped up to be with Legolas, trying to fight the tears that threatened to leak out. 

~ ~ ~ Hello! ME AMIGOS! Or however you spell it. Well, here's another chapter up and pubilshed. *sniffs* We're so far in. *sniffs*

Sorry, I feel nostalgic today. Thanks for reading. ~ ~ ~