Chapter 36 ~ Wide Awake

Chapter 36

Wide Awake

“What is it you’re trying to say? How are we so alike?” I heard Aragorn whisper. Suddenly I was wide-awake. I was lying on someone’s lap and Aragorn’s voice came from further away so I assumed I wasn’t on his lap. I kept my eyes closed to listen what they were saying.

The last thing I remembered was feeling safe, warm and perfectly happy in Legolas’s arms.

“Well for one thing, you and Alana both hate being mad at each other.” The second person replied. It was Legolas. He continued to talk and with each word I grew more and more surprised. How had he noticed that? I didn’t even notice I did that! I thought. 

I did notice though how every time I laugh or smile at his doing, he’d smile this half smile- smirk thing. Oh and when he raised his right eyebrow when I contradicted him. And the time he fiddles with his hand when I ask him a question he doesn’t know the answer. 

“But what should I do?” I heard Aragorn whisper. Whoa, when did I become a Legolas encyclopedia? I asked myself. I did know a lot about him. I knew more than a lot about him. I knew almost as much about him as I did Aragorn, and I had known him for a lot of my life.

“You could forgive each other. It’s been a month. It’s time to move on.” Legolas said. My heart swelled with… What’s the word? Pride, honor? No, I think I meant admiration and affection. He noticed I was upset and tried to fix it. I tried my hardest not to smile and keep my face blank.

“I’ll try, but she’s almost as stubborn as I am, if not more.” He said. I heard an exchange of clapping on the backs and then footsteps going away. Suddenly I heard Gandalf.

“Oh… its that way.” Gandalf said. 

“He’s remembered.” Merry cried. Legolas shook my shoulders slightly. I groggily opened my eyes and looked at him blankly. He smiled at me, smiled back truly and completely happy. His smile never wavered but I saw a little more happiness in his eyes. I whispered a quick thanks to him.

“No, but he air doesn’t smell so foul down here.” 

I sat up and straightened myself out and walked with Legolas to where the others were gathered.

“If in doubt, Meriadoc, always follow your nose.” Gandalf said to Merry who was standing beside him.

~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ HI GUYS!! HOW'S IT GOING? Anyways I've started a second account with my friend and it's a magazine account and I was wondering if anybody wanted a job writing an article for us?? You get a dedication!

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know. The username is @retrochick. ~ ~ ~