Chapter 12 ~ Good Plan

Chapter 12

Good Plan

I woke up with Pippin lying on my right and Merry on my left. They were snoring very loudly. I looked outside and saw it was a little past daybreak. I stood up and walked over to my chest. I pulled out a white tunic, brown pants, my leather tunic, fresh underclothes, a few pieces of paper and a quill to write with. 

I dressed into my clean clothing and tossed the dirty clothing in the hamper. I attached my weapons belt to my waist carefully so as not to wake up the hobbits. I strapped my hunting knife to my shin and grabbed my bow. 

Before I left I wrote the boys a quick note:

Merry and Pippin,

I am in the Arena with Aragorn (Strider) and my friend, Mirima. There, I shall discuss with her our plan to get into the meeting for she will wish to come as well. The meeting is at noon sharp. Meet Mirima and I in my room half an hour before noon, to further discuss the plan.

Until Then,

Alana

I placed the note between the both of them where they would surely see it. 

Unfortunately being the official guide of Legolas and Boromir, I couldn’t go anywhere without letting them know. I started Legolas’s note.

Legolas,

I had a lot of fun last night and I hope you did too. 

As your guide I cannot go anywhere without letting you know where I am. Well technically I am not supposed to leave you, but no one needs to know that. 

I am forgetting why I am writing the note, I am writing to tell you I am at the arena. I shall be back at noon, but Aragorn will be showing you to the Meeting, that I’m not supposed to know about… oops. See you then.

Alana

I wrote Boromir a note too. It was a lot shorter than Legolas’s though. 

Boromir,

I am at The Arena. I will be back an hour before noon.

Until then,

Alana Quicksilver 

I walked out of my room and closed the door quietly behind me. I slid each note under the door of each of them and headed for the stables.

~ ~ ~

I walked into the arena and found Mirima already there, brutally attacking a dummy. She was an okay fighter, not nearly as good as Aragorn or I. 

Mirima had long dark hair that reached a bit past her collarbone; her eyes were a greeny-hazel that were framed beautifully by her dark eyelashes. She was beautifully pale, with no blemishes. She had a very feminine structure and was quite a bit taller than me. She was the most perfect elf in existence apart from the fact that she had chosen a half-elf for her best friend. She was wearing a blue tunic with sliver embroidery on it and silver pants. 

I cleared my throat so as not to startle her. You only make that mistake once, and I had the scar to prove it. She whipped her head around to see who approached her. She relaxed when she saw it was me. She sheathed her sword and walked over to me.

“Hyarmenure ore ure?” She said smiling. I really hate Telerin. Unfortunately she preferred to speak in it, just to annoy me.

“I’m faring well, thank you. And how are you?” I asked.

“I’m good, thanks.” She said. I decided to tell her what our plan was. 

“So, have you heard about the secret council meeting?” I asked. She nodded. I continued, “Well, we’re not invited so we’re definitely going. We’re going to hide and listen to what’s going on. We’re meeting half an hour before noon to discuss final details. Will you join me?” I asked. She pondered for a moment before smiling evilly.

“Of course, I shall come. I was planning to go anyway.” She said. She unsheathed her sword and continued to speak, “Let us start practicing before Aragorn comes, so he won’t suspect a thing.”

~ ~ ~

I walked down the hall, trying to look unsuspicious. We were in the first phase of our plan. We were all to wander around until the meeting had started and then walk in our groups to the meeting and hide. Merry and Pippin were to meet me at the stairwell and then I would lead them to the council meeting and hide behind the pillars.

I walked to the stairwell and saw that Merry and Pippin were already there. I nodded my head towards the hallway that lead to the council meeting. They started walking in that direction. I followed them. We soon reached the place were the council was being held. 

I took the lead. I kept to the shadows and inched down the wall to where the pillars were. They followed me closely behind and we inched along the wall together. We had to go into the sunlight quickly to hide behind the pillars. So I motioned with my hands to stop and copy my movements. I jumped behind the pillar and stood there. They each hopped behind there own pillars.

~ ~ ~ You know I might as well dedicate the whole book to @Smilelaughshine because she makes me want to dedicate each chapter to her with her amazing comments. Love YA!!! 

Any who.... I will be updating this every second day I think, although with my crazy schedule I really can't be sure. Thank you for reading!!! ~ ~ ~