Chapter 31 ~ A Rude Awakening

Chapter 31

A Rude Awakening

Why on middle earth had I dreamed about kissing Legolas? I hardly knew him! Well, I had known him for three weeks now. Still, the more normal side of my brain reasoned with me. 

I stopped wondering about the dream and took in my surroundings, still not opening my eyes.

I was numb all on one side. I was curled up on something and it was definitely moving. I took a deep breath in. The air was musty and cold. I decided that we couldn’t be on the mountain any more. 

I groggily opened my eyes and looked around. I was lying on Bill, our pony. I was strapped on some how so that I couldn’t move. I had someone’s blanket draped on top of me. It’s probably yours, I thought. Something was holding me down on my waist, I frowned it didn’t feel like anything to tie me down with. 

I looked down at it. It was a hand. I followed the arm towards where the person was surly attached to it. Sure enough, Legolas was attached to that arm. He hadn’t noticed that I was awake yet. I put my hand on his. He looked down and his whole faced brightened considerably.

I smiled weakly at him. 

“How are you feeling?” He asked. I nodded. My neck was very stiff. He moved his hand out of my grasp.

“Good. How long was I out?” I asked him. He started to fiddle around in one of the bags that hung by Bill’s side. 

“Three days.” He said. My jaw dropped over in surprise the dream seemed like it was only three hours. I remembered the dream and blushed.  He handed me a container with a quizzical look on his face. I took off the lid and sniffed it. He chuckled. 

“Its just water.” He said.

“Oh. Okay.” I said. I took a few little sips and then stopped to ask another question.

“Where are we?” I asked. I took a few more sips. 

“We are nearing the entrance of the Mines Of Moria.” I sat up in alarm. 

“What?! That place is purely evil. When they mined, they went to deep and awoke-“ I was cut off by Legolas who clapped a hand over my mouth. 

“Do not speak of that now. We are nearing the entrance.” He said. I looked behind him. It was true, I could see the very faint outline of the door. We slowed down and stopped, all of us. 

I stuck my tongue out. He immediately retracted his hand wiping it on his cloak. 

“Why did you do that?” He asked.

“So you would move your hand, which you did.” I smirked.

“You’re so immature.” He said. 

“So I’ve been told.” I smiled. I swung my legs off the side and sat up. A spell of dizziness hit me and I grabbed Bill’s back to steady myself. Legolas’s eyebrows furrowed with concern. 

“Can you stand up?” He asked. I shrugged. 

“I can try.” I said. I slowly slid off Bill’s back. My legs held their ground and didn’t fail me. I let go of Bill and put weight on my legs. They still didn’t give out. I smiled proudly up at Legolas; he smiled back still a little uncertain. I took a step forward.

A spell of dizziness hit me and my legs gave out. Legolas rushed forward and caught me before I hit the ground. I smiled feebly up at him.

“How about I help you walk over there and find you somewhere to sit. Then I’ll bring you food.” He suggested. 

“Sure! Just let me grab my bag first.” I said. He raised his eyebrows.

“I’ll grab your bag, you won’t be carrying anything for a while.” He said. I nodded. He bent down and I wrapped my arm around his shoulders so he could help support me. Being so close to him made me think of the dream and also made me blush. It stunk that I couldn’t get that close to Legolas without blushing. It really did, it stunk almost as badly as Orc dung.

~ ~ ~ Hello my PEEPS!!!! I have updated for you. Your welcome! I love you all. ~ ~ ~