Chapter 29 ~ Ice Blue (Legolas)

Chapter 29

Ice Blue ~ Legolas

I resurfaced first and tried to feel around in the snow for everyone else. Aragorn popped up and uncovered Frodo and Sam. Gimli and Boromir resurfaced, so did Gandalf and Pippin. I scanned for Alana. She wasn’t there I started to panic how long had she been under the snow. 

“Here! Over here! Help us!” I heard Merry cry. I pulled myself out of the snow and ran over. Merry’s arm and head were out but Alana was nowhere to be seen. I pulled him out and tossed him to Boromir. 

I started digging around, in panic. I dug deeper until finally I found I limp hand.

I pulled her up a bit but when I let go her arm flopped loosely to the ground. I heaved her up panicking tears were running down my face and freezing. I laid her head on my lap. Her skin looked so pale and blue. Ice blue.

I hugged her in close to me and felt for a sign of life. I first searched for her pulse. 

A weak unsteady fluttering heartbeat was all I felt. I quickly undid my cloak and slid her in in front of me. She felt so cold against my quickly diminishing warmth. I closed my cloak around us and hugged her, rubbing her arms and trying to generate warmth.

I looked back at the group, who were arguing about where to go. 

“Alana is unconscious from being hit by a rock most likely. She is cold and she cannot stay here. It will be her death!” I shouted. Gimli nodded. Merry and Pippin turned around and instantly tried to race towards me. 

Aragorn looked at me in panic. I nodded to signal that I had everything under control. He nodded back and continued to listen to the converstation.

“If we can’t pass over the mountains let us go under it! Let us go through the mines of Moria.” Gimli said. The two hobbits reached me and hugged Alana as well, to try and keep her warm.

“Let the ring bearer decide.” Gandalf said. 

“Frodo, please.” Merry said. Frodo looked at his cousin and nodded. 

“We cannot stay here this will be the death of the hobbits!” Boromir shouted.

“Frodo.” Gandalf said impatiently.

“We will go through the mines.” Frodo said. 

“So be it.” Gandalf said.

~ ~ ~ HELLO MY PEEPS!!! Thanks for reading. So... I have a secret. Come here. Closer. I won't bite.

I updated! 

Hehehehe. I do that to friends all the time. I have no secrets. Well.... Only I know how the book ends. That's a secret. But I will tell NO ONE! Until the next time I update!

Ciao! ~ ~ ~