Chapter 28 ~ So Cold...

Chapter 28

So Cold...

It was a day after the ring incident. Nothing exciting had happened until now. We were on the side of the mountain when this horrible snowstorm hit us. It didn’t feel like a normal snowstorm though, it felt evil. It was almost as if it was trying to hinder our journey. 

There was about three feet of snow on the path we were on. Legolas and I could walk on top of the snow so we were at the back. I was carrying Merry on my back. He clung to me as we were both shivering with the cold. My and his cloaks were on top of us both shielding us slightly.

At least he didn’t have to trudge through the snow. I had just switched from carrying Pippin to carrying Merry. The wind was coming towards us so I was glad I could shield him. When carrying him, I sunk about five inches. 

I was dithering. The ends of my fingers were blue as I stuck them in my pockets to warm up. Legolas walked over to me and put his arm around both of us. He used his cloak to help shield us as well as him.

“T-thank you.” I stuttered. 

“Your lips are blue.” He stated.

“I-I wish I could warm them up, they are the coldest part of my face, apart from my nose.” I said. His face changed for a second and he let us go. I winced at the extra cold wind. 

He walked to the front of the line. 

“There is a foul voice on the air.” He said.

“IT’S SAUROMAN!” Gandalf yelled. Suddenly I heard a cracking. We all cowered closer to the wall.

“He’s trying to bring down the mountain. Gandalf, we must turn back!” Aragorn shouted.

“No!” Gandalf screamed back. He climbed on top of the snow and started chanting, in a language I didn’t know.

A stoke of lighting hit the snow pile above us.

I swung Merry in front of me and tried to shield him from the large amount of snow I knew was coming. I stood up as straight as I could so that I could resurface quickly. The snow started to fall. 

I felt something, harder than snow hit my head and my legs gave out just as I blacked out. 

~ ~ ~ dun, Dun, DUN.... Hahahaha. Teeheeeheee! Cliffhanger! Oh I know. HOW COULD YOU? Oh well. Tough. Don't worry I'll update soon! Love you all and thanks for reading!!! ~ ~ ~