Chapter 42 ~ Heart Attack

Chapter 42

Heart Attack

We ran towards the woods of Lothlorien. We didn’t stop. We kept going and going. 

I didn’t talk much; in fact I was pretty sure I didn’t say a single thing the whole time. I was stunned. I couldn’t grasp that the greatest wizard of all time and one of the closest things I had to a father was dead

I also couldn’t believe how similar it was to the last time someone I loved died. How they both looked back at me one last time, how both times I rushed to help, and both times I was held back. How I couldn’t stop screaming and struggling to be let free, and how they both looked at me directly before they died. Gandalf dying the way my brother did reopened my old ache and caused a new one.

I was also happy I had Aragorn though, and Legolas of course. They were still with me, so I had to look at the positives. I was still alive and the rest of the fellowship was alive. We were all healthy, and we had lots of food still.

“Alana?” Legolas asked, jogging beside me. I looked up at him. He looked a little pained. 

“We’ll be approaching Lothlorien soon.” He said touching my arm. I nodded. He wrapped his arm around me and I snuggled closer to him. I decided I was going to try and be happier. I knew I wasn’t ever going to stop grieving, but like the last three times. I was going to have to put on a brave face. I wiped the tears of my face and looked around.

The forest was actually very beautiful. Everything looked so perfect. The light was airy and fresh, while all the trees looked tall and beautiful. Gimli interrupted my thoughts.

“Stay close young hobbits. They say that a great sorceress lives in these woods. An elf-witch of terrible power, all who look upon her fall under her spell and are never seen again. Well here’s one dwarf she won’t ensnare so easily.” He said cockily. I smiled. The smile felt kind of alien-like on my face and the muscles felt stiff. 

“I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox.” Gimli said. I stopped sensing something moving. I grasped my bow and arrow and notched prepared to shoot. Suddenly there were elves all around us, each with their bow and arrow drawn at us. They almost gave me a heart attack! There were at least five of them surrounding me. Legolas nudged me grudgingly I lowered my weapon.

“The dwarf breathes so loud I could have shot him in the dark.” Said by far the most handsome elf in the group that we were facing. Gimli gave a small growl. I had to fight the urge to laugh.

~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ I know! DON'T HATE ME!!! It's small, I know. But I do have a good reason. I HAVE EIGHT OTHER PEOPLE living with me for TWO weeks! AAAAAAH! It's crazy here. 

Anyways, thanks for reading!! I love you guys! Thank you to @HisGirl4Ever906 @luvs1Dforever and @ElenaNichol for the inspiring comments!!

This is dedicated to @HisGirl4Ever906 because of her awesome comments on almost every chapter. ~ ~ ~