Chapter 21 ~ Wake Up

Chapter 21

Wake Up

I woke up in my bed. I frowned, what happened last night? It came rushing back, and I remembered falling asleep in Legolas’s arms on the floor. I remembered feeling safe, warm and happy. I smiled. But then how did I end up in my bed? I wondered. 

Legolas probably moved me before he left, I thought. I sat up in bed and undid my hair. It tumbled across my shoulders messily. I raked my hands through it quickly not wanting to get up and brush it properly. I tied it up in a bun. I eyed the ring on my hand before quickly dismissing it. I swung my feet out of bed. I heard the soft padding of my feet as I stood up.

I walked over to the chair where my clothes were laid out, when I realized something.

I took a few steps backwards and almost gave myself a heart attack. Legolas was leaning against the wall, fast asleep. I shook my head he couldn’t possibly be sleeping in my room on the floor. I looked back and low and behold, he was still there. 

I walked over to him, and sat on the floor next to him. I looked at him with my head cocked to one side. I poked his foot just to make sure he was really there. He was. 

I wondered if he was going to wake any time soon. I scooted closer to him and poked his arm. He still didn’t wake up. Hmph.

I poked his cheek; he stirred a little in his sleep but didn’t wake up. I frowned. There was no use sitting here if he wasn’t going to wake up. I grabbed my clothing from my chair and headed to the bathroom, so that he didn’t miraculously wake up while I was half naked.

I changed into my black tunic and my grey pants. I pulled my cozily familiar boots on and then hung my weapons belt back on my waist. I strapped the dagger to my leg and strapped another to my back underneath my tunic, so that it was hidden. I plopped my other clothes in the bin and walked back into my room.

Legolas was still asleep. I sighed this was getting ridiculous. I poked his cheek. I grabbed his cheeks and started to squish them so that his mouth moved. I pretended he was saying stuff in a very high-pitched voice.

“Oh, Alana. You are best fighter ever. Beautiful too. Will you teach me?” I made him say. He still didn’t wake up. I unsheathed my sword, and put it under his chin.

“Oi! Orc-breath!! Goblin-dung!! WAKE UP!!” I yelled. He jerked awake. He looked around panicky. I chuckled at him. He looked up at me, his eyes wide. 

“I really did not mean to fall asleep, I just wanted to make sure you were alright. I-It won’t happen again, it was an accident.” He rushed out. I doubled over laughing. I dropped my sword on the floor and fell down as well. He looked at me, like I had lost my mind. Foolish boy, I had lost it a long time ago.

“Was it something I said?” He asked me. I chuckled and sat up. 

“Yes, you don’t have to worry about upsetting me because of sleeping in my room. Really, I don’t mind. What I do mind is why you slept on the floor leaning against the wall. You could have hurt your neck sleeping like that!” I said sternly.

“I shall be more careful next time.” He said, smirking. He stood up and offered me his hand. I grasped his hand and pulled myself up. I stumbled a bit but quickly righted myself when I put my hand on Legolas’s shoulder. 

“Let us go to the courtyard for we set off from there very soon.” I said. I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulders. He opened the door.

“After you, M’Lady” He said in a pompous voice. I walked through the door.

“Why you kind sir.” I said in an equally pompous voice. We laughed at each other. After Legolas changed and grabbed his bag we left for the courtyard.

~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ Hello!!!! I am going to dedicate this to my BFFs even though they won't read it and will have no clue why I did it. Love them. ~ ~ ~