(WHERE TO SNEAK PEEK) Prologue

 “We cannot leave the bodies here.” Gimli said. Legolas stared blankly at the unmoving figure of Alana. Aragorn stood up, and whipped away his tears, even though fresh ones still leaked from his eyes. 

“We cannot give them a proper burial.” He said.

“I can not believe that she is dead.” Legolas said shocking them both. 

“She is dead. Accept it.” Aragorn said harshly. Legolas laid her head back on the ground and looked up. 

“She still has life in her. The warmth has not yet left her fingers.” He said determinedly. 

“No, the life has left her. Keeping hope for yourself is selfish and will end up consuming you. She is dead. Accept it Legolas.” Aragorn said. 

“I cannot.” Legolas said, crying more. “SHE CANNOT BE DEAD.” He shouted.

“Legolas, stand up and help me carry Boromir. Gimli, help me as well. Since we cannot bury them we shall let them drift away for ever more.” Aragorn said sniffing. He wiped more tears on his shoulder and went over to Boromir’s body. Aragorn grasped his legs, Legolas grasped his shoulders and Gimli helped support his middle. 

Legolas and Aragorn still cried as they made their way to the river. They trudged slowly through the forest until they finally saw the water. When they reached the beach, they all stopped and carefully lowered Boromir into one of the Elven boats. 

“Shouldn’t we close his eyes and remove the arrows?” Gimli asked. Aragorn nodded and did so tenderly and with great care. 

“All right, lets go back for Al-“ Aragorn started to choke up. “Her.” He finished. Legolas shook his head almost as if he didn’t want to accept the fact that she was dead. They walked in silence back to where Alana lay. 

Time seemed to stretch out as they walked back to the clearing. Finally they reached the clearing and started towards where Alana lay. Legolas was in front of both Aragorn and Gimli. He stopped suddenly and turned around. 

“She’s gone.” He said with a dead look in his eyes. 

“What do you mean?” Aragorn asked wiping the last of his tears away.

“Her body, its gone. It disappeared.” He said remorsefully crying again.