Chapter 27 ~ Honestly?

Chapter 27

Honestly?

“Did you see that?” I asked. He nodded. “All of it?” 

“Yeah, sorry.” He said looking incredibly guilty. 

“So when I took my tunic off and rolled up my tank top you just thought YOU WOULD WATCH ME?” I yelled. He quickly shushed me.

“They are sleeping in there!” He said. 

“Answer my question!” I whisper-demanded angrily.

“No, I just wanted to see if you were ok. After all I’m pretty sure I caused that.” He said looking sorry. I sighed.

“Thank you for checking, but honsetly I’m ok.” I said.

“Did I cause that?” He asked looking crushed. I nodded. He threw his hands over his eyes and rubbed his face.

“It’s fine-“ I started.

“No! It’s not fine, I caused you to be hurt and that’s not acceptable.” He said mad.

“Legolas I-“ I started when I changed my mind. “Come here.” I patted the space next to me. He came and sat down. I hugged him. He was momentarily caught off guard but then hugged me back. My head rested on his shoulder. I pulled back and put my hands on his shoulders and looked into his eyes.

“Honestly, it’s fine.” I said. He nodded. 

“Wait- I know a elven- healing technique. Can I try it? It might make it heal faster.” He said. I nodded and he stood up. 

“Right, take of your tunic and lie down on the healthy side.” I did as I was told. Not worrying about not having my tunic on he had already seen my without it.

He put his hands on my ribs and started muttering in elfish. I listened to the hypnotic sounds of his speaking. I felt my eyelids start to droop and tried to open them. I felt my mind go blank and felt my eyelids closing.

“Sleep well, Alana.” I heard him say. I felt his arms wrap around me and lift me up. The feeling of being warm and safe enveloped me pushing me over the brink of sleep. My eyelids drooped shut, and stayed that way.

~ ~ ~

Frodo slipped and started to roll down the mountain. Well, I heard him do it.

“Frodo!” Aragorn cried. Legolas and I turned around, as did everybody else. Aragorn helped Frodo up. He felt around his neck for the Ring. It wasn’t there. I spotted it immediately. It was on the ground closest to Boromir. 

Boromir walked over and picked it up. He stared at it. I got my bow from by my side and notched an arrow.

“Boromir.” Aragorn said warningly.

“Tis a strange fate, that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing. Such a little thing.” Boromir said.

“Boromir, give the ring to Frodo.” Aragorn said, snapping Boromir out of his trance.

Boromir slowly walked towards Frodo and held out the ring.

“As you wish. I care not.”  He said ruffling Frodo’s hair. I lowered my bow. I noticed that Aragorn had also been holding the hilt of his sword.

~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ Another update. You are welcome. Next update: on the weekend. Love ya. ~ ~ ~