Chapter 11 ~ Remember When?

Chapter 11

Remember When?

I sat on the giant bed, wondering what I could do for entertainment. I sat on the edge swinging my feet a little. My dress made a loud rustling noise where it rubbed against the scratchy quilt. 

Gandalf was in a different room talking with Hans and his wife. They seemed nice. I looked around, when I heard movement from behind the closed door. 

The door swung open and two hobbits tumbled in. I cocked my head to one side and looked at them. Even though I was Half-Elf and they were hobbits, they were still my height.

“Who a’ you?” The first one asked. I looked at them.

“Who are you?” I asked them both. The second one answered for them both, “Well, I’m Pippin, and this ‘ere fellow is Merry. Although you’re in ‘is ‘ouse so we want to know who you are.” Pippin said.

“I’m Alana, and I’m staying over night. Can you play with me?” I said. They looked at each other. 

“O’right we’ll let you play.” Merry said. 

For the rest of the day we played Hide and Find, Catch, other games I couldn’t remember the names of and sometimes just talking and getting to know each other. By the end of the day I had really grown to like the two of them. We walked into dinner that night, with all of us holding hands with me in the middle. 

Even though we departed in the following morning, we promised that we would get back together. We did a few times in the beginning, but when I grew taller people didn’t accept the Little Folk hanging out with the big folk. Are visits grew spars and eventually they stopped returning my letters.

~ End Of Flashback ~

They let go of me and stood back. 

“You’ve grown so much!” Merry exclaimed. I agreed. We talked a little until we got onto the subject of the meeting.

“We’ve got to get into that meeting.” I said. They nodded. 

“How ‘bout we… No, that would never work.” Pippin started.

“You know we could… Nah, we’d be seen.” Merry tried to add.

“How about we do what we normally do and hide in the bushes?Do you remember when we hid for a whole day because the farmer was out all day.” I suggested. They nodded their heads. 

“That could work!” Merry said deep in thought.

“Brilliant plan, Alana!” Pippin said. I thanked him, not being at all modest. We spent a while talking until we must have fallen asleep on the floor side by side.

~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ Hello Readers. I will try to update as soon as I can but I have exams coming up so no promises!!!! Love You and thanks for reading! ~ ~ ~