Chapter 35 ~ Sleeping Beauty (Legolas)

Chapter 35

Sleeping Beauty (Legolas)

I sat next to Alana on one of the rocks, we weren’t far from the fire Aragorn had started but we weren’t exactly close. Alana shivered and rubbed her arms. She shuffled a little closer to me and leant on me. I unwrapped my arms from around my knees and sideways hugged her. 

Her skin was cold to the touch. As soon as my arms made contact something sparked in my brain. I wasn’t sure what it was. It was almost as if I was hyper-aware of everything, especially Alana. It was weird. I rubbed her arms to try and warm her up. She leant her head on my chest. 

I was oddly enough hyper aware of that to. Whatever was happening was definitely having an affect on me. I heard Merry and Pippin whisper in the background. 

“Are we lost?” Pippin whispered. 

“No.” Merry answered. 

“I think we are.” Pippin persisted. 

“SHH! They are thinking.” Merry hushed. 

“Merry?” Pippin asked. 

“What?” Merry said growing impatient.

“I’m hungry.” He said. I held back a laugh. Pippin was always hungry he could eat seven Lembas breads and still be hungry. I cocked my head to one side to look at Alana and ask her how many Lembas breads Pippin could eat when I noticed she was asleep. 

Her head was drooped down and she had gone a little slacker in my arms. She was drawing in deep slow breaths softly. She looked so peaceful in my arms. Her face showed nothing but calmness; whereas when she’s awake she is constantly showing emotions. I melted a little; she was beautiful lying in my arms. 

I shifted her around so that she was lying down with her head and shoulders on my lap. She sighed a little in her sleep as I moved my arms from around her. I smiled and looked at her. Even with all the dirt all of us she still seemed to shine.

I smiled contently. I looked up at Aragorn but he was looking at Alana. When he looked up at me finally I beckoned him over. He looked back at the fire and then grudgingly stood up. He came over and sat beside me. 

“I have thought long and hard about how I was going to phrase this.” I started. 

“You wanted to speak to me?” Aragorn asked. I nodded.

“Yes, how do I say this? Well you and Alana are really alike. I really thi-” I started.

“What is it you’re trying to say? How are we so alike?” Aragorn asked me with his eyebrows furrowed.

“Well for one thing, you and Alana both hate being mad at each other. And don’t you think I notice the constant looking at each other?” I asked. He opened his mouth to talk but I interrupted him, “You guys are constantly looking at each other to see if the other is looking. She’ll glance sideways at you filled with hope and then when she sees you’re not looking she’ll kind of deflate and be upset until I cheer her up. Only to have it happen again. You do it but you try not to look upset, but I can see the hurt in your eyes.”

“But what should I do?” He asked taking his face in his hands and leaning on his elbows. 

“You could forgive each other. It’s been a month. It’s time to move on.” I said. He nodded.