You Saved Me

You're a retired S.H.I.E.L.D agent working at a radio station in New York. You were sitting in a coffee shop when a man wearing round, red tinted glasses, and holding a white cane came up to you. You remember thinking that he was one of the first people you'd seen that could pull off round glasses so well. He told you that he recognized your voice, and complimented you on your work. Now you've been dating for a year.

Foggy won't stop talking about how this the longest relationship Matt's had. Matt blushes every time Foggy asks when the wedding is (which is quite often) and you find it adorable.

You're closing up at work again and Matt calls as you walk out the back door.

"Hello." You say, Matt's voice is a welcome balm after a long day.

"Hi. How was your day?"

"Fine. It'll be better when I see you again."

"I miss you too. When are you coming home?"

"Just walked out the door. I'm getting a cab so it'll be like an hour and then I'll be on my way."

He chuckles. "Alright, I'll see you soon."

"Alright b-" Before you know what's happening, someone's pressing a cloth to your face as they yank you into an alley.

You hear Matt's voice echoing on the other end, calling your name before you pass out.

-0-

Matt follows the sounds of metal bashing flesh and bone until he finds where the people are holding you. When he gets there he stills and tries to get a feel of his surroundings.

"When I get a name I'll stop hitting you. How does that sound?"

"To be honest, I've missed this a little."

Your statement must've confused the man because you elaborate.

"Do you honestly think this is the worst thing I've been through?"You scoff.

Matt's heart sinks when he hears you say that.

"I was a S.H.I.E.L.D agent; I've dealt with gods. You guys are a nice reminder of the old days when I was fresh out of the academy and things were easy."

Matt's shocked. He told you his biggest secret, and you can't trust him with this information.

Why wouldn't you tell him? He shakes his head. There's more important things to worry about right now. He reminds himself.

He gets a better bearing on the situation after he focuses on the problem at hand. When the next blow lands on you, he jumps down and starts attacking the people responsible for your pain.

You don't process what's happening at the moment, but you don't waste this opportunity. You use the distraction to work your way out of the zip ties. Just as you free yourself, someone comes up behind Matt and knocks him out. You look around for a weapon so you can protect your boyfriend, but all you see is the chair you were sitting in. You shrug as you pick it up and use it to bash the guy over the head. The man groans on the ground and you hit him over the head again until he passes out.

You turn around to see five more people come out to see what's going on. You get ready to fight, stretching your neck and shoulder muscles. It's been a while since you've done this but you used to take on up to twenty people. Four come at you and one goes over to Matt. You take out the four coming at you like bowling pins and grab one of their guns.

"Don't you dare touch him." You cock the gun.

The woman laughs. "You're going to shoot me?"

"If you don't get away from him yes."