Is that Men's Soap?

A/n: This started out as a drabble that was sitting for a while so I decided to turn it into a full chapter. Bisexual reader.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Your girlfriend broke up with you and you needed to be near those close to you again. Sure, you'd made friends in California, but none of them were Matt. Or Foggy for that matter. You and Matt were so close and now your talks are rare due to your hectic schedules. That and the fact that you live across the country, but you hope not for much longer. When you called Matt, you thought things might be awkward. A minute into conversation and you were picking up right where you left off; your fears silenced. With that reassurance, you'd asked him if you could stay with him until you found a place of your own. He'd been ecstatic that you're finally moving back from California and agreed right away.

You can feel pins and needles in your hands as you walk up to Matt's door. You don't know why you're so nervous. Yes you do. You're afraid things won't be how you remember them. You raise your hand to rap on the door, but you hesitate, pulling it back. You shake it off, knowing this is the only place you have to go. Not to mention how much you've missed him. You go to raise your hand to the door again, but it opens. It seems things aren't all that different. Matt always picked up on things like this quicker than you thought he should.

Matt says your name, wanting to confirm it's you.

"Matt!" You breathe out.

He smiles and strides forward to wrap you in his arms. "I thought I heard you. I missed you so much."

You squeeze him back. "I missed you too."

"I'm glad you're back." He murmurs into your hair before letting go and grabbing your suitcase. "I'm sorry about your girlfriend though."

You shrug and follow him in. "It was a long time coming. Neither of us were ready to deal with being alone, so we tried to make it work. Needless to say, that didn't go as planned."

He nods. "So, I have a proposition that you can feel free to turn down if you're exhausted."

"Shoot Murdock."

"Foggy has been begging me to set up a time for the three of us to hang out now that you're back. I told him I'd ask you if you're up to it tonight. I was thinking we could go for a few drinks."

You smile. "Yeah, I could go for that."

He smiles back. "Great, I'll call Foggy.

-0-

Foggy all but clobbered you when he walked into Josie's and saw you. You laughed and hugged him back while Matt made some comment about being chopped liver. You all fall back into the energy you had before you moved. You couldn't be more pleased with your decision to come home. After a couple hours, the drinks start getting to you and you excuse yourself to go to the restroom.

"If I didn't know better, I'd think you were running a brothel." Foggy tells Matt.

"What?"

"You've had like three girls stay with you in the last month. And hot ones at that."

"Come on Foggy, that's not funny. I'm just trying to help."

"I know. I'm kidding. But let's be real here. You like y/n, don't you?"

Matt chokes on his drink. "What? No. I mean, we've known each other since high school. That would be weird."

"That, my friend, is not helping make your case. It just sounds like a bad cover up."

Matt sighs. "Okay, maybe that doesn't prove anything, but I don't need to. I just don't like her like that."

"You know Matt, for someone who's a human lie detector, you're pretty bad at it yourself."