Like the Most Improbable Dream

Happy Halloween 1st, everybody
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You're sitting on your bed, eating dinner and watching spooky movies. Not the best Halloween, but as an adult, you don't have many options. You decorate your house and watch scary movies or go to a party. But you're new to New York and Matt's your only friend here. At least he's not out of place running around in that costume tonight. Anyway, you're content. Or you were until your picture quality goes grainy and the no internet dinosaur shows up on your screen. Which isn't okay. You can deal with many things going out in this shitty apartment (you're without hot water for a week) but you pay good money for your internet connection. You set your laptop to the side with a huff before heading into the living room.

When you turn on the lamp next to the router, your heart jumps into your throat. None other than Daredevil sits in your armchair with a shit eating grin. "Mother fucking shit, Matt. Did your super senses hear me going into cardiac arrest, there?"

"You're fine." He laughs.

You wish you could see the way the way his eyes crinkle. You move on, stomping down your feelings for him. It's not going to happen. "Yeah, no thanks to you. What are you doing here? Did you turn off my wifi to lure me out?"

"I did."

"Okay..." You go to fix your internet but he blocks you. You cross your arms. "Can you feel the look I'm giving you, Matt? Or hear it somehow? Because I'll have you know, it's not happy and very intimidating."

His smile doesn't falter. "I'm not letting you sit in your room and watch scary movies until you pass out. I know how much you love Halloween, and we're going to go have some fun."

"While I see that you're already dressed for it, you don't have to do this, Matt. I'm fine sitting here, pretending I don't hear children knocking on my door."

"Y/n, you've had your decorations up since the beginning of September. Come on."

"What if I want to watch scary movies until I pass out?"

"Then I'll turn your wifi back on and come sit with you. But if you ask me, it would be more fun after dinner and a few drinks somewhere themed."

"Themed, you say?"

He nods. "I knew you'd like that."

"I don't have a costume."

He pulls his glasses out of a pocket and his folded up cane out of another one. He sets the glasses on the bridge of your nose, unfolds his cane and puts it in your hand. "There you go."

"Matt, this is horribly offensive." You can't help but laugh.

"Well, I'm blind and I say it's okay."

You roll your eyes, taking off the glasses and handing them back. "I'll be sure and tell everyone that when they glare at me. And side note: I won't have to pretend that I'm blind if you don't clean those things.

"Yeah, I guess I don't pay much attention to the lenses." He shrugs. "And it's New York, no one cares."

"I think I have something in my closet."

Matt snorts. "Of course you do."

"I sense sarcasm, but I see no need."

He smiles. "Of course you don't."

"Okay, I'll go change. You turn my wifi back on so I don't forget and use all my data when my phone doesn't connect."

"Deal."

—0—

Matt stands as you come out of your room. He tilts his head to the side. "Are those... handcuffs?" He tries not to sound too interested. It's a joke, obviously. You're friends. Buddies. Pals. And that's fine.