The Girl Who Healed Him

@forgxotten_memories requested one where the reader is a nurse who finds Matt in an alley near your house and helps him. I changed it so you're a doctor though. Hope you enjoy :)

Matt lays wounded in a dumpster, listening for any sign of someone that could help without outing him. The cut on his side is deep and he's going to be in serious trouble if he doesn't get the bleeding to stop soon. Not to mention the stitches that just opened up on his bicep. Then he hears it. A young woman passing by, steady heartbeat, even though she's walking alone in an alleyway at 2:00 in the morning.

-0-

You're walking home from a late shift at the hospital and you decide to take the shortcut home. You know it's stupid, going through a dark alleyway at this hour, but you just want to get home and in bed. You clutch your mace in your hand even though you know it's not exactly legal in New York. You'd like to see a jury try to punish you for being ready for an attack. It's as you're musing on this that you hear a bang from one of the dumpsters. It was faint, but definitely there. You pause, now more alert, but continue on with caution. Whatever you were expecting, it was not for someone's arm to reach for you as you pass the last dumpster. You let out a yelp and jump back, but the arm just goes limp and whoever's attached to the arm starts mumbling.

"Do you need help? I can call an ambulance." Yet another stupid decision tonight, but whoever's in there looks pretty weak.

"No. No hospitals." A man- you can tell now- groans from inside the dumpster. "Please, just help me get out of here."

You think for a moment, but you're clearly not thinking straight tonight, because you inch over to peer over the edge. "If you're fucking with me I swear to god I'll empty this can of pepper spray on your face."

"Fair enough. Will you help me? Please."

"If I help you out of there, can you walk about a block?"

"I think so."

"Okay."

-0-

"Okay, Daredevil. I take it you can find the sofa." You say as you walk into your apartment

"Yeah."

"So, how have you made it this long without hospitals?" You ask as he reveals his bare chest, littered with scars.

"There's a nurse who usually helps me."

"What's her name?"

"I appreciate you helping me, but some Russians already hurt her once because of me. You and I just met, I hope you understand."

"I was just wondering because I'm a doctor. I thought I might know her."

"I'm sorry I have to be so secretive."

You shake your head. "It keeps you safe. You're smart. Unlike the woman who pulled a strange man out of the dumpster and into her apartment."

He gives a pained chuckle. "Clearly it doesn't keep me safe enough."

You let out a little hum of a laugh. When you pull the rag away from his wound you see ta steady flow of blood seeping out. You didn't want to use your powers in front of him, but you believe in what he's doing if you're to believe the stories. Besides, you can't just let him bleed out.

"Listen, you're going to bleed out soon. I can help you, but I'm going to need your real name first. I have no intentions of outing you, I'm just protecting myself."

He nods. "I'm Matt. Matt Murdock."

You eye him and put your hand up to the wound. You heal it just enough so it'll stop bleeding, but the cut will still be there. After all, you don't want this getting out if it doesn't have to. You get up to get more rags to clean him up with, and when you come back, he has his mask off.