The Killing is Politics

A/n: This does have Frank Castle in it, so beware of spoilers. I wrote this before the new seasoncame out, but edited it after I watched the new season, so I don't think there's anything beyond what the trailers show.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You're enjoying a nice, peaceful, night in with Matt when his whole body tenses up. Which, of course it does. Because you have to love the people who attract the most drama. And it's not even normal drama. It's shit that will likely get you killed one day. But you know, what's the difference? We all have to die at some point, right?

Your only surviving relative is homicidal- bordering on maniac. Despite all his flaws though, he's not an bad man. He's your brother, and you love him. It's not like it's a conscious choice.

Which brings us to the other crazy person in your life. When you met Matt, you thought: cute, mentally stable, intelligent, blind. In that order. Blind in big bold letters, because that meant you finally found someone mellow, whom you could potentially settle down with. It didn't mean he couldn't be fun or spontaneous, or romantic, or funny. You don't want boring. Just safe. And that's exactly what he was for the first year. He was soft spoken, kind, charming, caring- god he cared so much. Most of all, he was safe, and you were happy.

Then it became too much. Matt wasn't around and wasn't giving you an explanation- or at least not a believable one- until one day he did. He sat you down and told you he was Daredevil.

To which you responded "Yeah, good one Matt."

He just pressed his lips into a thin line and waited for the onslaught of questions to follow. By the time that conversation was over, your revised response was: of course you are. Even if it wasn't actually spoken. Because the person who you now know is the love of your life is a vigilante. What is your problem?

You've come to terms with it since then, and embraced Matt in all his heroic glory. It would seem that you're just not cut out for a normal life. So you're not surprised that at 7 PM on a Wednesday, Matt's picking up on some sort of danger.

"Matt, What's wrong?"

"I don't know. I'm trying to listen." He sits there with his brows furrowed for a minute before he tells you what's happening. "Someone I fought a couple weeks ago is coming toward us." He tilts his head to the side. "He's wounded. I thought we agreed to disagree. But how did he find me? More importantly, how did he find you?" He gets up to wait by the door.

"Matt what are you going to do?"

When the man pounds on the door, Matt pulls him inside and shoves him against the wall.

"I want you to listen to me carefully. If you have a problem with me, you find me, and we'll settle it. But if you ever come after someone I love again, I'll make you beg for death."

Well, that's not the ideal way to hear that Matt loves you for the first time, but at least your life is never boring. In hindsight, you should've predicted this.

"Either I'm in the wrong place, and the blood loss is worse than I thought, or my sister got a new watchdog."

"Frank?" You walk over to look at the man Matt just threatened.

"Can you call your henchman off before I bleed out?"

Matt releases Frank and steps back. "He's your brother?" He breathes out in disbelief.

Frank extends a hand. "You the boyfriend she didn't want me to intimidate?"

"More like I didn't want you to embarrass yourself, and by extension me, in front of." You go to get the first aid stuff. "I should know by now that you have no shame though." You prod at the bullet hole. "You need to find a nurse friend."