And a Happy New Year

A New Year's continuation of the last one as per request from BeautifulCreatures7
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Daredevil hadn't reappeared since Christmas Eve, and you've started to wonder if he even wants to meet up anymore. Either way, you decided to head to the roof where you sat together on Christmas Eve. If nothing else, you can look at the stars while you wait for the fireworks to go off in the distance. You almost fall off the roof when Daredevil touches your shoulder.

"Oh my God, I didn't hear you come up."

"Well, I am one of the closest things you'll find to a ninja."

When you turn around he's in an all black outfit instead of his red crime fighting suit. A skin tight black outfit.

"New outfit?" You grin.

"Old. The one I used before I was Daredevil. I figured I won't be needing the extra padding tonight, and I can hop buildings in this better than I can in my work suit."

"Your work suit. I knew you'd give me clues about yourself if I listened for it."

"Oh yeah, me and the thousands of other New Yorkers who go to work in a suit."

"You're a Catholic blind man who wears a suit to work. I bet I could figure it out."

"I believe that. Why don't you even the field then?"

"You know who my best friend is. I'd say we're pretty even."

"Fine. You've out lawyered the la-" He stops himself but it's too late.

"Lawyer? You're a lawyer?"

He just grimaces.

"Hey, I'm not going to tell anyone. I get it." You decide not to comment on how bad he is at keeping his identity a secret. "So; no New Year's office party for you?" You try to move the conversation along, determined not to let it dissolve into awkward silence.

"No. My coworkers tried, but I told them that I'm tired."

"You lied to your friends to come hang out with A girl you don't even know?"

"Well I had to come claim my kiss." He grins. "Anyway. It wasn't a lie, it just wasn't the whole truth."

You shake your head. "That should be a bad sign."

He shrugs. "I don't think they'd mind if they knew what I was doing. Ever since they found out about my second job they've been on me to get a social life outside of work. Not that they have one."

"Your whole office knows who you are?"

"There's only two other employees at the moment. Between you and I, I think they just want to get rid of me so they can get together."

"They sound great, when do I meet them?"

Your sarcasm isn't lost on him. "They're not so bad. They're the closest thing I have to family anymore."

"Well it's good you have them." The next few moments of silence give you time to mull everything over. His blindness, his lack of family, the city he's sworn to protect. "Wait, you're not Jack murdock's kid, are you?"

He freezes. "You know, there are other blind people with no family in this city." He pauses and mutters a "maybe".

"But you're not one of them are you?"

He lets out a defeated sigh. "No. Either you're too good at figuring me out, or I'm just shitty at this whole 'secret identity' thing."

"I'm sure it's a little of both. I try to make it my job to figure people out."