Disneyland Part I

Okay, so I know Matt would probably be way too busy to even get roped into going to Disneyland, but I don't care. I'm sentimental and I just want my faves to be happy for once.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For the first time in years, you're going to Disneyland. It wasn't a conscious thing, you used to go all the time growing up. You just haven't pulled together enough money since you've been out on your own until now. Now that you're finally going back, you were sure to take off enough time so that you'll have a few days at the park.

You spend the first day running every which way, going to the attractions that are new or refurbished first. It's not the most effective way to spend your time, but that's why you're here for so long. By the second day, you've hit all your favorites, so by lunch, you're ready to go a little slower. Slower meaning stopping to eat vs. living off protein bars and turkey legs in line. In the spirit of slowing down, you stop to get a churro and take it to one of your favorite spots in the park. It's a bench on a little-known pathway from Frontierland to the Fantasy Faire. It's not a spectacular view, but you can see Space Mountain through the trees, standing tall over the last buildings on Main Street. But most of all, it's quiet. There's only a little foot traffic, and your little bench is almost always free.

Almost. This time there's a man with round, red glasses sitting with a white cane leaning on the bench next to him.

"Hey, mind if I sit?" You ask.

He chuckles. "We're at Disneyland, not a bar."

"I know, I just wanted to ask. I like to come back here to relax for a while after walking all day. It's the quietest part of the park during the day, so I didn't want to bother you crunching on my churro."

He smiles. "It's fine." There's a moment of silence. "Sounds like you've been here before."

"Yeah. My parents brought me all the time when I was growing up, and I haven't been since I graduated."

He nods. "It's good to know I found the quietest spot from an expert then."

"Glad I could help." Another bout of silence follows. "So, sorry if I sound ignorant, but I've always wondered what it would be like for a blind person to come here."

"I guess it depends on if you have memories attached to it. I don't, it's my first time here, so it's loud. Too many sounds, too many people. It's a little overwhelming."

"Yeah. I figured as much. That sucks though."

He shrugs. "It makes my friends happy, and I still get the gist. Disney offers audio descriptions, and braille guidebooks, but my friends take turns describing it to me instead. I think that's better. From what I understand, there's so much detail in everything, it sounds amazing." Before you can respond, his phone rings. "Sorry, I need to get this."

"Hey Matt, where are you, buddy?" Foggy asks from the other end.

"Uh," He turns to you. "Where am I?"

"Just outside Frontierland."

You hear Matt repeat the information back to his friend.

"Okay, well we're in... New Orleans square. We were thinking of finding somewhere to eat if you're ready to meet up."

"Yeah, sounds good, be right there." He turns to you. "That was one of my friends. They want to meet up for lunch."

"It was nice talking to you, thanks for answering my dumb questions." You give a nervous laugh.

He chuckles. "Yeah, no problem. At least you don't sound like a broken record, it was a new question."

"Well, there's that. Anyway, I hope you have a good rest of your trip."