Ch 2 the sleepover

Spike walked into the Golden Oak Library, his and Twilight's home/business. As he closed the door behind him, Spike was greeted by his friend, Twilight. She wore a purple plaid skirt, a white button up school shirt, and light pink flats.

"Hey Spike, welcome home." Twilight said looking up from her book smiling. "How did everything go with Rarity?"

"Not too bad actually, kinda sucked but got better at the end." he said with a small smile thinking about Applejack.

"Oh that's good to hear. By the way, don't forget, the girls are coming over for a sleepover tonight, can you straighten up the library while I make sure I have everything ready? Twilight asked politely.

Spike looked around the room seeing the towers of books.

"Sure, no problem Twi. I'll start in a little bit, I'm still sore from helping Rarity all afternoon."Spike said massaging his aching forearms

"Why do you insist on helping Rarity everyday?" Twi asked with a small frown.

"I don't know Twilight I've started wondering that myself lately." Spike said with annoyance
"But that's all gonna change soon, I'm sure of it!"

A few hours later, after collecting the books and putting them back on the book shelves alphabetically, Spike grabbed a quick snack and retreated to his room. In Spike's room was his bed. Near the window was his desk where he wrote letters and kept his art supplies. On the floor were several articles of clothing, to Spike this was normal and just how he liked it. He flopped down on his bed, put his headphones on and zoned out to soft rock music.

later that night..

Twilight and the rest of the Main Six were wearing their pajamas laughing, telling stories, and having fun. In the middle of them were bowls full of chips, cookies, and other sweets, thanks to Pinkie Pie. Spike was up in his room for the rest of the night thinking of how to tell Rarity that he loves her. He stayed in his room so he would not disturb Twilight's sleepover.

"So I said that's sooo not 20% cooler than me." Rainbow Dash said in her raspy voice to everyone as she reached for a cupcake.

The girls chuckled at the end of Rainbow Dash's story as she flew around lazily. Everyone was having a fun time. Twilight had her nose in a book, Pinkie was going over different party game's they could play, Fluttershy made small talk with Rainbow Dash while holding a stuffed animal. Applejack and Rainbow Dash were arm wrestling, and Rarity was doing her makeup while admiring herself in the mirror.

"Wonderful get together Twilight dear, this is simply divine." Rarity said as she did her eyelashes

"Y-Yeah this is alot of fun" Fluttershy said quietly from behind her hair

Twilight smiled and thanked the rest of the girls for coming as she put her book down

"So girls what has everyone been up to this past week?

Rainbow had been busy practicing to be a wonderbolt, Pinkie was helping the Cakes with baking at Sugarcube Corner and throwing countless parties around town. Fluttershy tended to her animal friends and spent time with Discord, hiding behind her long pink hair with a blush as she brought up his name. Applejack worked on her family farm picking apples, Twilight was busy with her princess responsibilities in Ponyville, and Rarity was busy with her many clients.

"They look absolutely fabulous!" Rarity exclaimed with a smile. "I would have never gotten them all done if it wasn't for Spikey, he's such a gentledrake."

"Speaking of Spike, what's going on with you two, huh?" Rainbow Dash asked Rarity, wiggling her eyebrows.

"What? Oh um,, well.." Rarity said unsure of what to say.