Ch 40 Fortune city

Hello again faithful readers! It took longer then usual but here is the newest chapter for you all!!

Celestia rose the sun in the morning taking in the damaged Ponyville as several whirlybirds washed blood off the buildings while people in hazmat suits sanitized the streets. She watched as they dragged the remaining bodies into a pile, dose them with gasoline, then set them on fire. She noticed three more piles of smoking ashes

Spike hadn't come to bed last night and everyone was worried. Elizabeth and Bridgette hadn't heard from him or seen him on the monitors. Troops and allies spend hours looking for him down in the vault but found nothing..

Everyone met up down in the mess hall down in the Vault for breakfast.

    "How'd everyone sleep?" Chryssi asked lightly.

    "Terrible." Twilight said bluntly sipping her coffee.

    "Nothing but nightmares last night i'm afraid." Luna sighed rubbing her eyes.

    "I wonder where Spike is?" Fluttershy yawned as Discord leaned her against his shoulder as she started to doze off.

    "Can't you track him doc?" Dash asked groggy.

    "Elizabeth is doing that as we speak. We should have a good idea where he is after breakfast." Bridgette explained cutting up her eggs.

Celestia greeted the two cities as they grunted in response. Sunraiser had recruited several more followers over night as they were able to fill three table combined.

"Praise Celestia, Praise the sun, Praise Celestia, Praise the sun." they chanted before eating.

"Shut the hell up already!" Someone shouted.

"Give yourself to she who controls the sun! Bath us in your eternal warmth!" Sunraiser shouted bowing to her as his subjects followed.

Celestia ignored them, not liking them either frankly, as everyone ate in silence.

The girls along with celestia, luna, and Discord decided to look in Spike's room for any clues to where he might have gone. His room was a mess with empty bottles of booze scattered everywhere.

"There has to be SOMETHING here that tells us where he went." Applejack looking around his bed.

Twilight was looking through His papers on his desk when she stumbled upon several different files. She was horrified to read how many people died during the invasion.

  "This place is filthy." Rarity complained, avoiding his workbench that was covered with gun oil and spilled chemicals.

"Twilight and Rainbow Dash found the mirror on his wall smashed to pieces and stained with dry blood.

"That explains the head wound" Rainbow sighed shaking her head.

"Um girls, I think I found something." Fluttershy whispered holding up an old tape recorder.

The girls rushed over as Fluttershy put it on the bed and pressed play.

"Audio log number... who gives a shit." Spike slurred clearly drunk. "Mac was right, how the fuck am I gonna protect these people. I-I should have never come back home....I've caused nothing but trouble since I've been back. Days like this is I wish I had used my gun under my mattress to end it all."

Applejack lifted the mattress on the side where he slept and pulled out a beat up 357. Magnum. She opened the chamber to find it had only one bullet in it.