Ch 28 Parties and inner demons

Hello there faithful readers. I present to you: A NEW CHAPTER!
Fluttershy: YAY

Hope you all like it. Big shoutout to The_Lone_Sprinkle thank you so much for the positive feedback i hope you are still reading. Any who enjoy.

After Spike sent the thugs to jail, he patched himself up and walked over to the remains of his old home. Spike saw nothing but charred wood and burned books scattered everywhere. He couldn't believe he wasn't there for Twilight when she needed him most, nor was he there to save his home. Spike reached into his bag and pulled out a tattered New California Republic (NCR) flag he carried into the second battle of hoover dam and tied it to a piece of pipe he found in the rubble. He planted it in the ashes and saluted it trying not to cry. He was making his way towards the giant crystal castle when he saw several people in white and yellow robes standing in front of city hall.

    "We must be pure, we must only have a horn or wing but nothing else. No Dragonborns, no changelings or gangs to taint our way of life." a man with a white beard and hair spoke clutching a book with celestia's cutie mark on it.

    Most people ignored them and walked past as several followers tried passing out flyers.

    "We must worship the princess of the sun if we want to be truly safe. We must cast out the abominations such as him! The man yelled pointing at Spike. "He and his type will band together and destroy us all!"

    Spike flipped the guy off before walking faster.

    "Fucking cultists" Spike muttered as he finally made it to the castle.

    He knocked on the door as Twilight answered it.

    "There you are Spike." she said smiling "Why did you knock on the door? You live here."

    "Heh, guess it's been awhile, Still getting use to this again." Spike said rubbing the back of his neck.

    Twilight closed the door behind him as she showed him around their new home.

    "Damn Twi, Did you rob or blackmail the Crystal Empire to get this place?" Spike asked looking around the main throne room and map.

"Hehe, no spike. Just the magic of friendship and stuff" Twilight said as Spike tried not to laugh his ass off. "What's so funny?"

    "Nothing Twilight, just thought that if I mentioned that anywhere but here, I'd get my ass kicked for sure. I mean, really, the power of friendship? It's fucking stupid when you say it out loud." Spike said chuckling.

    Twilight was not amused by this. He quickly apologized.

    "Listen Twilight, I'm sorry I left you for two long years. I didn't think of how it would affect you and how bad things would get." Spike said thinking back at the destroyed library.

    Twilight quickly hugged him tight.

    "Don't EVER scare me like that again." Twilight said weeping into Spike's shoulder as he hugged back.

    "I won't. I promise" he said wiping her tears away.

    "I'll show you to your new room now Spike. Follow me" She said walking down the north hall..

    "Hmph, better not just be a basket like when I was little" Spike joked as he followed.

    "I told you a hundred times Spike, it was a small bed designed to fit your needs at the time" Twilight said rolling her eyes.

    "Yeah it was a bed for a kitten or a puppy" Spike replied bluntly.

    Twilight playfully rolled her eyes and smiled before opening the door to his room.