Ch 7 the journey home

"So all I gotta do is improve the universe I go to and then I can go home?" Spike asked, still trying to wrap his brain around the situation.

    "Precisely young man." Robert said looking over his sister's shoulder to see if what she had cooked up was ready yet.

"Here you are Mr. Spike, you'll need these." Rosalind said turning to him.

She presented Spike with a first aid kit and a strange vial full of glowing purple liquid on a silver serving tray. He thanked her as he gulped down the liquid, he felt a surge of energy run through his body as he shook it off.

"Whoa, what was that stuff?" Spike asked as he felt great.

"That's surprising" Robert commented.

"Surprised that Mr. Discord gave us the right instructions?" Rosalind asked.

"Surprised that it didn't kill Spike given Discord's past." Robert said dryly.

"Will you two just tell me what I just drank!" Spike said impatiently.

"Just an anti aging potion Mr. Spike." Rosalind said.

"You'll age slower so you're not gray when you return home" Robert said checking his watch.

Spike nodded as he quickly headed to the door. He turned his head to ask how his friends were doing but saw they were gone. He grumbled as he bolted back to 101.Spike injected 101 with the stimpaks that were in the kit that the twins gave him. He stitched him up and wrapped the wound in gauze. As 101 slept Spike sat on the floor thinking back to what had happened in the past few hours.

"Man I thought my life sucked before, now it's just bat shit insane." Spike thought outloud to himself quietly

He opened the med kit and looked over what supplies were left. All that was left was a roll of gauze, two stimpaks, some thread and a needle. At the bottom of the kit was a photo of him and his friends back in Equestria. He picked it up and smiled as he reminisced about all the times they spent together. He focused on Applejack the most, he blushed as he thought about the dream he had of her. He started to like the thought of being with A.J. instead of Rarity as he examined the photo closer. He saw a red heart around Applejack's head, he turned the photo around to find writing on the back.

"The heart wants what the heart wants dear Spike. Think of her as your inspiration to keep moving forward. Signed, The Twins."

He smiled and laid against the wall.

"Don't worry A.J. I'll be home soon" he said to himself outloud.

"Heh, looks like someones gotta a crush" A deep voice said.

Spike jumped and blushed with embarrassment as he got up to check on 101. 101 slowly got up and checked out the patched wound.

"Nice job patching me up kid. I owe you big time." he said getting back on his feet.

"Hey, we gotta stick together right?" Spike said.

"True that. What do you say we check out this vault now? He said walking to the door.

Spike quickly stopped him and explained to him it was too dangerous. 101 took his word for it as they walked out of vault 106 and back home to Megaton. Once they were done eating a dinner of squirrel stew, they drank a bottle of whiskey as Spike told him about his encounter with the twins.

"Well shit kid, That's good to hear. Ok, I'll train you starting tomorrow. get some rest, we start early." 101 said going up to his room.

Spike replied goodnight. He fell asleep immediately as his head hit the couch.