Chapter 12

Hongbin drove himself, N and Leo to a small house on the outskirts of the town. Parking on the driveway, Hongbin was the first to get out of the car. Looking at the house, he smiled. Jongin and Hongbin had always come to this house when they were younger, this was his mothers house. The houses pastel pink color had now changed to a gray color.

The three of them walked towards the small brown door and rang the doorbell. "Hello my friends!" Jongin said when he opened the door. He wore a black buttoned down shirt and slightly tight gray slacks. Letting them in he noticed Leo and studied him closely. "So Hakyeon, this must be your new guest. What's his name?" Jongin asked as he sat down at a small wooden table.

Sitting down next to him and crossing his legs N smiled. "His name is Leo, he doesn't have a last name. I found him in the water at the beach." Getting out a pen and notebook, Jongin began writing down everything. Hongbin and Leo sat down as well, but further from the other two. "Why are you writing the statements down Jongin?" Hongbin asked as he pointed at the notebook.

"Pointing is rude, and to answer your question, don't you think its weird that he is found in the water. The water that we think human like creatures live. He doesn't have a full name, or doesn't know where he belongs. Strange isn't it?" Jongin stated while looking at Leo.

Smirking Jongin stood and walked to Leo, "Leo, could I have a word with you?" Glaring at Jongin Leo nodded. Noticing his glare, Jongin smiled, "Follow me, my little cat." Looking back at N, Leo sighed.

------

Leo had followed the man to a small room filled with files and folders everywhere. Strangely, the room looked cleaner than expected. Sitting down at a chair near a window, Jongin's expression changed. Once again getting out his notebook, Jongin stared at Leo. "So, how were you found?" He asked. Rubbing the back of his neck, Leo sighed. "N found me in the beach waters."

"N? I thought that his name was Hakyeon... He's probably using this as a fake name. Since Hakyeon is dressed as a woman I should pretend that he is a woman..."

"So N, the woman in the other room found you in the water..." Jongin continued to write every word the man said, "Why were you in the water?" Leo stayed quiet. Sighing, Jongin began to raise his voice. "Leo, as you may know I'm investigating about strange creatures in that area, so I need you to tell me why you were in that part of the beach in the first place. You weren't trying to look for the creatures without permission, were you?" Jongin asked sternly while motioning Leo to sit near him.

Walking towards a small stool, Leo sat down and groaned. "I didn't even know you were searching for creatures in the first place! So stop asking me these ridiculous questions!"

Rubbing his forehead, Jongin tried to calm himself down. "Well, my team and I think it's strange that you mysteriously found in the waters where the creatures are." Gasping Leo jumped up from his chair. "I-I didn't know you guys already knew where they were!"

Silence... Its was quiet for a few moments until Jongin broke it. "I thought you didn't know anything about this investigation."

"What did I get myself into!? I'm so stupid!" Leo thought as he turned red. "Should I lie? Or just stay quiet. What choice do I have?"

"N told me about this investigation. She just warned me about what you might ask. And she didn't tell me to lie to you, so all the statements I've given you are one hundred percent true."

"Hakyeon would've told me if he had told Leo, so this man must be lying. Guess I'm going to have to ask Hakyeon to get answers out of him."

Smiling Jongin got up rubbed Leo's back. "Well, we can talk about this later so let's go back to the others." Nodding Leo pushed Jongin's hand away and started walking towards the door. Looking at his back he noticed a name on his shirts that he'd known for a long time. Lee Taemin.

"You know Taemin?" Jongin asked as he followed the quiet man. Opening the door Leo shook his head and left the room.

------

The two walked into the room and noticed that Hongbin and N arguing. Sighing, Jongin kicked the small table, "Stop arguing, you're voices are disturbing the neighbors."

The two quieted down while Leo sat down near N. Smiling, Jongin walked towards Hakyeon rubbed his back. Whispering in N ear Jongin smirked, "How much do I have to pay to get you for a night?" Slightly turning red, N pushed his hand away. "So. Are we ready to go?" Hakyeon asked as he stood up.

Shaking his head Jongin started unbuttoning his shirt, "My friend wants to know more about Leo as well, so I'm going to need to see him once more." Finally he had unbuttoned the shirt entirely, which revealed his chocolate abs.

Getting up, Hongbin slapped Jongin, "Is that appropriate, especially in front of a woman? Distasteful if you ask me. We'll be leaving now."

Getting up N apologized while Leo laughed.

"I'll call you when we're ready to see him again! Ok Bin?" Jongin yelled. Flipping him the bird, Hongbin and the others got in the car and drove away.

------

That night Jongin couldn't sleep, thoughts and questions kept coming into his mind.
"Who are you Leo, my lost little cat?"