0.7

- H -

"Hey Harry." Sophia greeted me as I sat down with her in English.

"Hello." I grabbed my book from the centre of the table and opened it to a new page.

"I would like you to answer the questions on the board. Then come up to my desk and get a work sheet." Our teacher Mrs Abin told us as I wrote down the date and title, from the board, into my book.

"You doing anything this weekend?" Sophia asked.

Hmm. Let me think. I thought to myself sarcastically. I knew the answer was 'no' but I pretended to think about it anyway.

"No I don't think so." I told her.

"Do you want to come to mine? I'm having a sleep over with Liam, Zayn and hopefully you!" She smiled at me when I looked up from my book.

"I would love to but don't you want a bunch of girls to come so you can do those weird pamper sessions and run around naked together?" That what girls do at sleepovers don't they?

Or was that just Gemma?

"You, Zayn and Liam are all dumb fucks. No. Girls don't do that sort of thing at sleepovers! And the girls in this school are bitches. In case you haven't notice. Especially Amy and Elise." She rolled her eyes.

Yep. She had a point there.

"Okay then, what time and where?" She gave me the details and I wrote them on a page I ripped out of my book then shoved it in my blazer. I didn't know the address she told me but I guess I can find it.

The rest of the day I spent drifting unnoticed by everyone. That was until Jack Kelso decided to show his face.

"Hey. Styles." I heard my name shouted in the familiar squeaky voice of the 'strawberry blonde', chubby, teen that tormented me.

I bolted the few meters to the lunch room only for him to catch the handle of my backpack and pull me back into his cheats.

Shit.

The first punch was thrown at my lip then many more punches were thrown at me left, right and centre. I tried hitting back but I couldn't hurt him. A group quickly formed around us chanting 'Fight! Fight! Fight!'.

This happened all to often.

A particularly hard punch was thrown at my chest. It was so hard I saw black and heard silence. I guessed I had passed out.

The next thing I saw was the soft, kind and rather aged face of the school nurse, Mrs Westly.

"Are you okay deary?" She croaked in her overused voice.

"I think so." I groaned placing a hand on the area of my chest that hurt.

"I can call your sister if you want? Get her to come and pick you up?" I could feel my eyes fill with tears at the mention of her. I had tried to block her out. I didn't want to cry. I didn't want to think about her leaving me.

I wiped the corners of my eyes. "No. She's gone. She won't pick me up." I kept my head down so she couldn't see my tearful eyes.