3.3

- H -

"Happy birthday-" I took a jittery breath in. "T-o me. Happy birthday, to me." I felt the tears rolling down my face to my chin and dropping off. "Happy birthday dear H-Harry, happy birthday to-" I couldn't even finish whispering the lyrics to myself, the tears took over me.

In more resent years, since everything began, I made sure one of the last things I do on the day of my birthday is sing happy birthday to myself. If I don't have the family or friends to sing it to me, I will simply do it myself.

I had never finished the song though.

I crawled from my spot on the floor, by the door, to the wardrobe. I opened the right hand door and pulled out the last thing I had I had of my mums, the only thing I could salvage from the house, the photo album of my mother and her bridesmaids getting ready for her wedding.

I had always been infatuated with love. The idea of love, being in love and being loved. I was obsessed with it all.

I barely had time to open the ivory and gold album before my phone went off.

I crawled back to my previous spot, photo album in hand, and picked up my phone without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I mumbled out, my voice sounded rough, like I had just been crying. Well, I had.

"Ha-Harry? Are you okay?" His voice was cheery until he noticed how my voice sounded. I wiped my eyes with the hand I wasn't using to hold the phone and then cleared my throat.

"Yeah, I'm fine, did you need something Lou?" It was weird that he had called so late at night.

"Yeah. Um, I'm going to come and pick you up. Don't ask questions. I'll be there in 10 minutes. Stay in whatever your wearing-"

"I'm in my boxers." I interrupt and I heard Louis giggle slightly on the other line.

"Well put some clothes on but make sure their comfy. Your staying the night but don't worry about uniform for tomorrow." We said our goodbyes and I did as Louis asked and put some black joggers and a white top as well as fluffy socks, I skipped the shoes.

By the time I had finished and gathered my phone and charger Louis was here. He texted me to open the door instead of ringing the bell so he didn't wake everyone up. He left a note for Johanna on her bedside table explaining that I was with him and then we left.

Shortly, we arrive at Louis' flat but before we got out the car Louis pulled a tie out of the glove box in front of me.

"I'm going to put this around your eyes. I want this to be a surprise for you."

"Okay you kinky bastard." Louis laughed at my response but tied it tight then lead me into the building then on up the stairs to the flat.

He lead me through the front door, closing it behind us and then turned me 180 degrees. "Okay, you can take the blindfold off."

I took a deep breath before pushing the tie up over my forehead. That's when the tears re-collected in my eyes.

On the wall in front of me was a banner reading HAPPY BIRTHDAY! In cheesy bright colours. Balloons of many colours were hanging from each corner of the room. Then there was a huge comfy looking bed/mattress/sofa in the middle of the room facing the TV.