3.2

- H -

It had been just over a week since Louis and I had our evening playing football. When I had the conversation with Lottie I made up some bull shit excuse saying that I was falling behind in my classes and with all the girls saying how well they were doing in school.

Anyway, I was landing in bed having only woken up a couple of minutes before. My mind was filled with the memories this day held in the past. So many mornings full of smiles and cheers and wonderful presents. Plus there was always mums infamous chocolate chip pancakes.

I thought back to my 9th birthday, it was probably the best, I woke up to find my mum walking into my room with a three tear chocolate sponge and Oreo frosting cake with a shit ton of sweets just piled on the top. My dad had a huge sack, like a Christmas stocking only bigger, filled to the brim with presents and Gemma had party poppers.

That day we had cake for breakfast. It was a Friday so we had school but mum and dad let us have the day off so we could go up to London and go to the zoo. After that we had dinner in a lovely restaurant, I forget the name, but it was very posh! Well, it did serve burgers so it couldn't have been that posh but to little 9 year old Harry it was a five star establishment.

The past couple of years has been terrible birthday wise, that's why I hadn't told anyone it was today. Not even Louis knew it was today. I made sure to keep it quite from him as he would have made a big deal out of it and I didn't want that.

I wiped the tears that had spilt from my dull eyes and finally got out of bed.

I went about my normal morning routine, trying to distract myself from the thoughts that were sweeping my brain.

Once again I ended up in Louis' classroom waiting for school to begin. He was doing random things on his computer and I was just going through the snapchat stories that had accumulated through the night.

"Uh, I just have to go check something, Harry. I'll be back soon." I looked up and nodded before he left.

Before Louis returned, the bell went so I made my way through the halls. On my way I saw a girl in the year below me, I think, and she had two gift bags, one in each hand, and pink balloons with the number fifteen on strapped to her back pack.

Even though I knew my friends, being boys, wouldn't do something like that but something in me knew they would still make me feel special like her friends did.

I took a deep breath, collected myself, and continued on to science.

- L -

He thought I didn't know. He thought no one knew. He was stupider than I though.

When Harry and I started to get close I checked up on all his information just so I knew a bit about the, at the time, quite boy. I made sure to take a note of his birthday so I could make it special and happy for him, I would have even if we weren't together, but as February 1st drew closer Harry still hadn't said a word about it.

I began to think it was the wrong date but then I remembered that he was quite a shy and solo guy so it was obvious he wanted to keep it quiet.

I had planned a few little surprises for him, I got him a few presents, just small things, and a box of cup cakes that I was going to put candles in and bring them out at lunch then I thought about his friends.

He might not want them to know it was his birthday, that's when I had the better idea of doing it all at a time when no one else would be around.. Midnight.

The day went as planned, Harry looked upset through out and all I wanted to do was give him everything I had planned and then kiss him and hug him until he was no longer sad. I may have attempted the latter after school in the classroom but it didn't cheer him up for long.

That afternoon I dropped him at my mums, we shared a quick kiss and I left to go home to the flat.

Niall had now moved out so I had the whole place to myself, aka I finally got his bigger room, but it did seem a bit empty without Niall's mess and furniture. Harry was going to come looking at new places in a couple of days so we would hopefully find a nice place for us, well, me.

The first mission was to turn the living room into blanket heaven. I brought my duvet, pillows, blankets, cushions and mattress into the living room and created a lovely place for us to sleep. The mattress was pushed up to the sofa, the duvet and blankets were draped across the mattress to make it extra comfy then the pillows and cushions were just chucked about.

Next was the presents, I got them out of my wardrobe and put them in front of the TV all arranged in a nice way and I put his card on top. The cake I had picked up from the lovely bakery down the road was felt on the kitchen side, it was a normal sponge cake with 'Happy 17th Birthday Haz!' Written on the top and the icing detail was beautiful.

The naff excuse I had written on a post-it was ready to be put on my mums bed side, "Harry hadn't been kidnapped, he's with me, he was stressed and needed a chat so I came and picked him up. -Lou x" now all that was left to do was wait for the clock to hit 11 so I could call Harry to then tell him I'm picking him up.

===

Super quick update!! Woo!! This pretty much wrote it's self today when I was supposed to be learning my German speaking assessment 😂

I normally get really stuck and overthink this sort of chapter but for once I just let my brain put whatever it wanted onto the page.

Don't worry the next chapter will be longer.

Hope you enjoy!!

===