three

Waking up for Michael felt like he was being stabbed everywhere on his body. He didn't want to move and felt like crying. Last night he had struggled getting to sleep due to the ever growing pain consuming his body. He couldn't have paracetamol as he didn't want to go downstairs and have to see his parents, so he ended up crying until he did eventually fall asleep.

He grabbed his phone from the ground next to him and saw there was still the notification about accepting Calum's friend request. He pressed accept, but didn't really think much of it. He probably just wanted more friends.

Michael always let himself think that. If someone actually talked to him, he thought they were just pitying him and he hated pity. He always thought people didn't actually want to socialise with him, but they felt bad for him. If anything Michael was happy he didn't have to talk to anyone. He had no one to betray him, no one to hurt him, no one to forget about him, no one to take him for granted. That made Michael always wonder was he saving himself or destroying himself? He never spent any time with anyone, but was he actually doing himself a favour?

Calum: I know you don't like talking much so I guessed texting would be better - Cal

Calum: How are you last night, I was so worried?

At first Michael didn't know what to do. First his crush was texting him, then he says he was concerned about him.

Michael: I'll survive.

He knew he sounded all 'depressed' but he honestly didn't care. He hurt all over and surviving seemed like the only thing he was currently capable of at the moment.

Calum: That doesn't sound reassuring... Do they hurt you a lot?

Michael didn't want to reply, and do what he normally did, shrug. However him texting Calum made it extremely difficult. He also didn't want to seem weak, like he couldn't defend himself against Mitchell and his crew.

Michael: Sometimes... I guess. It doesn't matter though

He wanted to throw his phone across the room, now Calum will worry more and he didn't want that. He wanted the dumb boy, with his dumb good looks to leave him alone. He didn't like the attention.

Calum: If they hurt you again call me and I'll beat them up, I have training I'll talk to you later. - Cal

Michael decided to not reply and focus on getting ready for the day. He struggled out of bed and clung onto his broken radiator as a support while he got a sweater and his jeans out. After putting them on he styled his unruly black hair, giving up half way through and just ruffling it.

When he walked downstairs he saw his parents sat at the table. He did his best to ignore them as he grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl. He felt their glares on his back as he silently cut it up and put it in a bowl. He then poured himself a glass of water, and ran upstairs with his things before his parents could say anything.

In his room he sat on his phone looking up tutorials for chords on his guitar. He knew the basic ones but wanted to get some proper chords for his songs. As he scrolled through the suggestions he saw some songs that brought back vivid memories of his childhood. He willed himself away from them and tried to focus on getting the chords, despite the urge to click on them and reminisce on his short lived childhood.

-

Ever since Calum found Michael last night, the quiet boy had constantly been on his mind. He was so worried when he left him outside his house, he had a fear on his face he couldn't explain. It was the kind of fear you see on students faces when they are about to get told off by a teacher, although a teacher couldn't actually hurt them, Michael had a face that anything could hurt him.