sixteen

Surprisingly Michael quite excited to go to school on Monday, not for double French, but to see Calum. The boy had been on his mind all Sunday and he couldn't wait to see him. It was confusing as he use to hate all human contact but now he was excited at actually see someone.

He also wanted to get away from his parents. After not being home on Friday night nor all day Saturday, his parents got mad at him. They got so mad that was going to school with a black eye and possibly broken fingers. He didn't even feel the pain they were inflicting upon him as the only thought that consumed his mind was Calum. He couldn't help but think of the boy, even when he was being beaten.

The thought of Calum was a getaway.

Calum made him feel safe. He left Michael feeling like a part of him wasn't there when he was gone. He was comfortable in Calum's company, and that was a big thing for him. Just months before he'd isolate himself from the world and pretend he didn't exist and this was all just a dream, but Calum brought him back to reality and for once he didn't hate it.

So when he walked into the hallway towards his locker and saw Calum chatting to Luke he felt himself relax knowing that the boy was there. He walked over to the two boys who were deep in conversation, and covered Calum's eyes.

"Guess who?" He whispered into Calum's ear, only loud enough for Calum to hear.

"Hmm... I don't know, Ashton?" Calum said, obviously joking.

Michael laughed and whispered no to him, struggling to keep his hands over Calum's eyes. Calum laughed as well and said Michael, meaning Michael pulled his hands away and moved to face him. Like always he had tried to cover his black eye with concealer, but not being the best at make up, it didn't always work.

"Michael what happened to your eye?" Calum immediately asked after seeing the bruising.

Michael shrugged not really wanting to answer because he knew it would worry Calum. Although Michael found it sweet that he was so concerned, it also worried him as he didn't particularly want to be taken away from his parents, despite his hatred towards him.

However not even trying to answer annoyed Calum because he knew Michael was hiding something. There was one side of Michael that Calum couldn't figure out, and he so badly wanted to, but only to help the boy.

Calum just disregarded the whole thing and began talking to Luke again, who was apparently having trouble getting with a guy he's liked for ages. Although all three of the boys attention was drawn to a couple of people talking about Luke's party which happened on Friday night. They were also saying how Calum was beating up some of the ex team members because they were beating up Michael. The boys sighed as the whole school knew and everyone would ask them about it.

Soon the bell rang and luckily all three boys had French class together. They all walked there and were confused to see multiple students who weren't in their class in the room as well. The three boys walked to their seats and sat down despite the confusion going on around them. However the teacher walked in not long after and told everyone who was standing to be seated immediately as he really needed to talk to everyone.

"Okay class and extra students, this year we have decided to take this year group to Paris for a week." The teacher told them.