twenty one

It was weird for Calum as he walked down the hall holding Michael's hand and talking to Luke. Yes he'd done that with girls he'd 'dated', but this time it was different. This time it was a boy, the mute 'freak' boy, his boyfriend. His boyfriend that before hardly anyone knew of. He could feel everybody's eyes on him as they walked through the crowded corridor, although he could also feel the fingers of his boyfriend gently moving against his hand.

Whilst Luke was talking, Calum looked over at Michael who was quite close to him as he tried to not bump into people. He could deal with the stares he received because he knew not to take things to heart, but he wasn't sure about Michael. He guessed, in the politest way possible, that people had been staring at him all his life so he was kind of used to the glares that were given to them as they walked down the corridors.

When they got to Michael's locker Calum stood behind the boy and rested his chin on Michael's shoulder. As Michael was collecting his belongings a note from his locker fell onto the floor. Ignoring what it was he put the note in his pocket and grabbed the other things he needed, despite already having his notebook.

"What's the note, love." Calum asked as they walked to their first lesson, french.

Michael just shrugged and kept the note in his pocket. Honestly he didn't want to open the note because he didn't know who'd sent it, and the chances were it wasn't going to say anything nice. Calum knew to drop Michael's hand as they walked into the classroom, and they quickly found their seats.

The teacher started talking excitedly about the French Trip which was getting closer. She gave letters to everyone about the room arrangements and the activities that were taking place during the day. There was a buzz of excitement around the room, and for once Michael was a part of it. After the announcement the class continued and they started learning key phrases that they'd need in Paris, despite that most French people know English. Calum kept on giving Michael small smiles from across the classroom, that luckily no one saw except Michael who'd give small smiles back in return.

Soon that lesson finished and the two boys had to go their separate ways. Luke started walking with Michael and he was just blabbering about a cute boy he saw and joking about all the things he'd do to him making Michel laugh quietly.

One thing that confused Michael was that Luke was always so happy. He thought it was impossible to always have a bright smile on your face, but Luke somehow manages that. He was always the one to make you feel better if you're sad and Michael admired that about him. Michael was beginning to accept Luke as his friend and he was happy that he was because the boy was so happy, and it made Michael happy too.

Calum heard people yelling gay insults at him as he walked to his next class. He wasn't used to people being rude to him as he is the captain of the football team so everyone kind of respected him. He tried to ignore the comments and forget about them so he wouldn't get in trouble for retaliating to what they say, however he found it so difficult because the comments affected him. Usually if he does hear people talk crap about him it is just rumours that aren't real, but this time it was actually about him and he hated how personal the remarks were.

Calum waited outside Michael's class so that they could walk to lunch together, being the good boyfriend he was. He saw the looks people gave him as he took Michael's hand in his and walked to the cafeteria.

"T- they're all staring." Michael muttered to Calum quietly bringing his hand up to cover his mouth slightly.

"Mhm... They're just jealous that I get to go out with someone so beautiful." Calum replied squeezing Michael's hand in reassurance.