seven

Waking up in a house that isn't yours is always confusing, especially if you didn't realise you were there, but it is worse when you're lying in your crush's lap. When Michael opened his eyes to realise that he wasn't in his house he began to panic, trying to sit up and look around. Calum chuckled softly as the boy slightly struggled to get up. Michael turned around when he heard Calum's laugh, and slightly relaxed when his eyes landed on Calum.

"Umm... Do you want some food?" Calum asked Michael, standing up.

Michael shrugged in reply but followed Calum into the kitchen anyway. He watched as Calum got some biscuits and a glass of water, standing awkwardly in the doorway. Calum then came over to him and handed him the food.

They then walked back into the living room and sat down on one the sofas. Calum accidentally tripped over a coffee table and his phone flew across the room, although he was too busy laughing to go and retrieve it. He looked at Michael who was in shock at what happened, however when he saw Calum laughing he cracked a small smile, and a quiet laugh escaped his lips. Michael immediately realised and stopped, looking down in embarrassment.

Calum thought he was in love. Hearing the boys laugh made his heart burst. Even though it was only for a second, it was a second he'd wait a lifetime for. His smile was so bright his teeth looked like the stars. He was the perfect combination of atoms.

"What do I need to tutor you on? I have C grades and above on all subjects." Calum said, trying not to sound cocky.

"Everything." Michael sighed, then quietly took a sip of water.

"Right, okay. I can start on maths tomorrow, is that okay?" Calum suggested, not sure what else to say.

Michael just nodded. He thought Calum was annoyed at him for being stupid, or just being him. Michael would immediately stop talking or just leave if he thought he was annoying someone, it was a bad habit. Although most people didn't understand that, that was how his mind worked, he was scared of people's judgements.

He could tell Calum had forgotten something as he started frantically looking for his phone, desperately trying to find it. Michael sat awkwardly not knowing what to do, and decided it was time for him to leave.

"I'm going now. B -bye." He stuttered before rushing out of the door.

Calum was confused at Michael's quick exit, although he was too busy focusing on trying to get Ashton to come round. He rang the boy's number and thankfully he picked up. Calum started rambling about everything that happened and said that Ashton was welcomed to come round his house so they could talk.

Soon enough Ashton knocked on the door, and Calum opened quickly and ushered him in. Ashton walked straight to the kitchen and grabbed two energy drinks from Calum's fridge, then returned to Calum and followed him up the stairs to his room.

They sat on Calum's bed and opened the energy drinks in sync. Calum leaned against the wall behind his bed and looked at Ashton.

He wanted to tell Ashton all about Michael but he didn't want his only true friend to hate him, if he didn't understand him. He wanted Ashton's advice on everything because he knew he could trust him, but he was still thinking of all the possibilities that he could be hated. The chances of him not accepting me were small, but they were still there.

"Can I talk to you about something?" Calum asked, surprisingly quiet compared the two boys normal conversations.

"Yeah sure mate, anything." Ashton replied, empathising on anything.