twenty nine

The whole year was sat on a coach on the way to the hotel. Michael and Calum were somewhat refreshed and well slept and were talking quietly on the way to her hotel. On the way the teacher who was sat next to them kept giving the awkward looks, probably because she wasn't use to having two sleeping boys curled up together next to her on a plane. Calum could practically hear her talking to the other teachers about them but honestly he didn't care, because when he looked at Michael's cute smiley face he knew it was worth it seeing his little smile.

After a while they could finally see the hotel and pulled into the parking lot. When they stopped the teachers tried to give instructions but everyone was so excited they just pushed them to get off. The teachers gave up and followed after them, then started handing out luggage to everyone. Calum grabbed his and Michael's, then gave the bag to Michael. The two boys waited for Ashton and Luke to get their stuff. Once all the boys had their stuff they walked into the lobby of the hotel where a teacher who was saying where the rooms were.

"Hi boys, Michael and Luke you are on floor 5 in room 418, Ashton and Calum are in 417." The teacher told them handing them keys, "At 1 o'clock you will have the afternoon to explore a bit of Paris but you have to be back by 6 o'clock."

All the boys nodded and took their things to the elevator and pressed the button for it to come. When it came they all clambered into the small compartment, laughing at how stupid it was but still doing it. Michael leaned against Calum laughing. Michael thought he could officially call Ashton and Luke friends which gave him a sense of happiness, he had friends. He felt everything coming together, like some sickly sweet harmony, but he also learnt nothing stays the same. He liked how things were but he couldn't help have a slight fear of what the future was going to be like, never had anything been good for a long for Michael, and be knew that and that's what scared him; losing everything.

When the elevator got to their floor they all fell out still laughing and walked to their rooms. Luke and Michael went into their room and Luke immediately shot gunned the bed closest to the door, which Michael was happy about because he wanted the window view. They dumped their suitcases on the floor and fell back onto their beds. Ashton and Calum knocked on the door and Luke shouted for them to come in because they weren't naked.

Calum and Ashton walked in and immediately saw Michael with the biggest smile on his face, surrounded by big fluffy pillows. Calum crawled on to the bed next to Michael and started tickling him. Luke looked fondly at them which was interrupted when Ashton turned the TV on to see French people yelling at each other. Ashton sat down and started watching it occasionally yelling along with them, also in French. Luke looked at him with the most confused expression, along with Michael and Calum, and started laughing at Ashton.

"You excited to look around Paris?" Calum asked Michael, lying on his side and giving Michael a crooked smile.

Michael nodded and rolled over so he was closer to Calum. Calum wrapped his arms around him and kissed his cheek. Luke took a sneaky picture of the two and smiled at their cuteness because secretly showing Ashton.

At one o'clock the teacher knocked on their door and told them that they were allowed to go out but to check in on the teachers every thirty minutes. They all got up and grabbed the things they needed and walked out the hotel room. Unfortunately they bumped into Abbie who decided to ditch her friends and latch onto Ashton's arm but look lovingly at Calum, who was holding Michael's hand. They all walked down to the lobby and saw a swarm of their year however they just walked past, excited to be able to see Paris.

The five students wandered down the Paris streets, often stopping to take pictures of things and to look in shops. Despite the awkwardness between the boys and Abbie, their was an atmosphere of happiness which Michael loved and couldn't get enough of.