Part Two {Duncan X Kim}

1 and a half Months Later...

Kim sat silently in her office, legs folded up onto the chair, fingers tapping anxiously on her lap as the words she had planned wondered around in her head. How could she, of all people, be forced into this situation. God. She shouldn't have gone through with it, despite how much she wanted to be with Duncan, he has a girlfriend, who conveniently made up with Duncan weeks before Kim was given news to break to him. She had told no one, not even Hannah, who could easily see something was keeping her awake at night. But again, she didn't know how to say the words, how she could explain to anyone what horrible thing she did. She could well have broken up Duncan's relationship if his girlfriend found out they slept together, and now what?!

Groaning in annoyance, Kim finally stood, making her way from her office to Hannah's; she knew full well Hannah would have a solution to the crisis Kim was in. Knocking lightly on the door, Hannah twirled around in her chair to look directly at Kim's short stature, as she nervously played with her fingers. "Hey," Hannah beamed, motioning for her to enter the room. "What's up?" She asked, turning all attention to Kim who desperately needed it. "I've done something bad..." Kim murmured, watching Hannah's eyebrows furrow together. "How bad?" Hannah questioned cautiously. "Quite bad...." Was all Kim could respond with. "What did you do?" Hannah leant forward off her chair, eyeing Kim suspiciously. "I...slept with D...Duncan," Kim spoke quietly, in hopes Hannah wouldn't react in the way she feared she would. "What about his girlfriend, did he break up with her?" Hannah asked cluelessly, only to receive a shake of the head from Kim. "So he cheated on her!" Hannah exclaimed in shock, not thinking Duncan to be that kind of man. "That isn't all of it though...." Kim mumbled, turning to look at the floor, thinking it over one final time before confirming she was going to tell Hannah even if she didn't tell Duncan. "She hasn't found out has she?" Hannah said abruptly, again receiving a shake of the head. "I'm...pregnant..." Kim's voice faltered as the words broke out. Hannah's face dropping slightly. At news like this people are meant to rejoice and be happy, though under the circumstances neither of the two girls could celebrate potentially ruining their close friend's life. "You're what?!" Hannah gasped, eyes widening at the words registering in her mind.

After thinking over it together, Hannah had concluded it would be better to tell Duncan sooner rather than later, at least then she would have time to abort the baby if neither of them wanted to keep it. Though Kim was unsure about being a parent, she couldn't bring herself to just get rid of it, and she was most certainly up for having it if Duncan was the dad. But she couldn't bring herself to tell him either. She didn't know how to say it to him when things had been so much better with him and his girlfriend recently. They'd been going on dates, she'd even visited him in the office, and Kim was going to wreck that over a drunken mistake. Slowly approaching Duncan's office door, she knocked softly, not sure what part of her had commanded her hand to do that, though it was too late once he'd opened the door. His eyes brightening at the sight of her small figure waiting to see him. "Kim!" He exclaimed, hugging her and dragging her forward into his office. She remained still. Words not coming out of her mouth in response to Duncan's ongoing sentence about a trip he and his girlfriend were planning. The only two words that she could at all make out were soon uttered in order to make Duncan go dead silent. "I'm pregnant!"

"Y-your what?!" Duncan somehow managed to speak, his eyes fixed in the general direction of the floor. "I'm...i'm pregnant...surprise?" She smiled awkwardly, watching his face drop slightly. He had previously been happy and like she thought, she'd shattered it all like dropping glass. Duncan rose from his seat, eyes not making contact with hers before he left. Just stalking out of the building without another word. He needed time to think, and she understood that, but the abruptness of his action had made her suddenly feel unwelcome around him. But this couldn't be avoided any longer. She continued after him, entering the cold January air to find him stood on the pavement over looking the silent road, with his phone held to his ear. "Duncan..." Her timid voice spoke up, alerting him of her presence and causing him to hang up on whomever he was speaking to. "I know this isn't what either of us wanted, and i know you have a girlfriend but i-" She had begun, only to be interrupted by Duncan's pleasant lips against hers. The familiar warmth he emitted making any worry she had previously had go away, and her body mould against his. Pulling back enough to talk, Duncan stared down at her with loving eyes and a widening smile. "How's Barney for a boys name?"

A/N: Just an idea i had, what did ya think?