Detention {Nanocoffee}

The sound of thudding footsteps interrupted Nano's experiment, causing her to look up and spot the group of 'popular' students staring at her almost viciously, as if mocking her. Murmuring some incoherent words to herself, she again attempted pouring highly toxic acid into a boiling tube, also filled with highly toxic chemicals. Feeling pressure lurch against her back, she fell forward, missing the boiling tube and pouring the acid onto her book full of notes. The ignorant sound of snickering and laughs, and the occasionally slap from high fives, filled the air. Nano, whipping around to snap at whomever it was that had shoved themselves into her, was met by a pair of bright blue eyes staring down at her from quite far up. Nano, being a short being, felt her back collide with the table as she took a step backwards, shocked at how close they had come.

"Watch it!" The person growled, Nano almost feeling her heart stop at the sound of Lalna's voice. Gulping slightly, she tried her hardest to back further against the table, in hopes they would push past. And to her delight, they soon marched on, shooting glares her way, the sluts muttering things such as "Tainted Bitch" as they passed, but none made physical contact, most likely thinking they'd gain some form of flux related decease. Sighing to herself, Nano turned back to her desk, now covered in acid which also had soaked her book. Reaching for the nearby cloth, Nano attempted to clear up the mess which she had made, however not long after she had began trying to revive her book of now smudged notes, a hand removed the cloth from hers and placed a book down in front of her. Looking up at whomever it was, she barely managed to suppress a gasp, as Lalna took the spare seat beside her, replacing her destroyed book with his own.

Feeling something hit her back, Nano noticed a small crumpled up piece of paper sat on her stall behind her. Reaching to pick it up, once again it was taken before she could grasp it, this time by one of the girls that distinctly resembled a prostitute. Almost growling, Lalna snatched the note from the girl's grasp and handed it back to Nano, not removing the blank, and seemingly bored, expression on his face. Cautiously unfolding the note, she recognised the handwriting immediately. It read:

Looks like someone has a thing for you ;)
Clearly from Lomadia, Nano looked in that direction, shooting a stern glare her way before writing a form of response.
Who, Lalna? Yeah right! I doubt those slags would allow it ;)
Just as she threw the note back to Lomadia and Nilsey's desk, the teacher stopped in the way, causing it to collide with the back of her head. Feeling the lump emerge in her throat, Nano turned back to her work anxiously, hoping the teacher would not notice that it had been her. "Looks like someone has a thing for you...who, Lalna? Yeah right! I doubt those slags would allow it... I believe this belongs to you," The teacher snarled, placing the note back down in front of Nano as she glared down at it. "Passing notes are we now, see me after class, Miss Sounds." With that remark made, the teacher stormed off back to her desk in a rather brisk move. Too frightened to look up, Nano turned her attention to Lomadia, who was giving her a sympathetic look. Unable to comfort her from the other side of the room.

Once the bell had rung, all the students marched out of the room, Lomadia waving goodbye to Nano before leaving her alone with the teacher. "Well, Miss Sounds, you can start by cleaning up the mess on your desk," The teacher snapped sharply, not bothering to look up at the girl. Nano sighed quietly, taking the cloth from Lalna's desk and beginning to wipe away the chemicals. Silence fell once again on the room, Nano almost fearing the time when she would have to leave the classroom, in fear of having to deal with the people she had so blatantly discredited. However, the silence was soon broken by the screeching of the door opening and closing. Too frightened to look up, she could faintly make out Lalna's rough voice as he spoke in a low tone to the teacher, who seemed so pleased to see him. Not long after Lalna had began talking, did the teacher leave the two students alone in the empty classroom, claiming to be back soon, although she was not. Trying to keep her thoughts under control, Nano hadn't even noticed the tall man now stood beside her, gazing into the back of her head.

Gulping through the silence, Nano continued with the acid puddles on her desk, not aware that she had already completed the task long before Lalna brought it up. "I believe you're done," He stated quietly, causing Nano to pause her movements to look further away, making it quite obvious she was avoiding eye contact. "I'm not here to yell at you...or hurt you, or anything that the others do to you..." He murmured, gaining more of Nano's attention than he had done before. "So...why are you here? If it's about that note-" Cut off through her sentence, she felt Lalna's hand pull her face in his direction. "Yes it's about that note," He stated sharply, gazing into her half brown half purple eyes. The taint swirling in the darker colour. This, although he would not admit to it, mesmerised Lalna, being a scientist and all, he thought it to be incredible that she was able to live as some form of taint organism. Waiting for him to continue, Nano stared up at Lalna, quite unsure as to what he would have to say about it. "Who were you writing to?" He questioned solemnly, releasing his soft grip on Nano's face, and turning his back to her. "Why does it matter?" Nano whispered, looking down at her tainted hands, fixating her gaze on her fumbling fingers instead of Lalna's tensing muscles. "It matters because i want to know how she knew..." He snapped, although coming to a quick stop once realising what he had blurted out.

Sighing, and continuing to shake his head as he turned further away from her, Lalna began mentally cursing at himself for spilling the beans early. "Knew....Knew what?" Nano asked innocently, wondering whether approaching him would be the best course of option right then. It proved not to be as Lalna spun back round almost instantaneously, flinging his hands round dramatically. "Knew that i had a thing for you!" He spat out. Causing Nano's face to fall gaunt. "Have, a thing for you," He muttered, looking at his gloved hands instead. "You...You what?" Nano spoke up eventually, gazing at Lalna in anticipation. "I know, how can i say that when i let them bully you....trust me, i don't know how i live with it either but...There's just something about you, something intriguing, something....extraordinary.  I just can't help it and-" Taking in a sharp breath, Lalna paused in his rant, noticing how close Nano had come, gazing up into his bright blue eyes, with his blond fringe almost shielding them. A small blush surfacing on one side of Nano's face, she could not suppress a small smile.

They remained quiet for a moment or so, Lalna staring down at Nano, and she staring back, although neither saying nor doing anything. After another few moments of silence, Lalna began to tense, losing control of what he was doing. "Screw it," He snapped, picking Nano up by the waist and placing her on the table. Almost instantly placing his lips against hers; and she did not fight back. Instead she gave him, liking every bit of it.