Can't Sleep {Smith X OC}

Dedicated to its-just_me

The soft heavy breaths that echoed through the room in the dark kept Cam sure there was still someone lay beside her. It was nerve racking enough to know she would be forced to spend a night in the same bed as her crush. Having just had a large argument with him about her new job prior to them going to bed, made things ten times worse. She'd climbed into bed and buried herself before Smith had finished editing, but the constant reminder of him being in the room kept her awake. She had hoped going to bed early would mean it would be less awkward when he got into bed, because she would be asleep, however the shifting in the mattress was just another reminder that he'd be lay in such close proximity all night...and that she may not be able to help cuddling into him if she couldn't sleep. Also, she could sense there was something tense with Smith as well, as he lay on his back peering up at the ceiling for hours, both listening to the other's breathing. It didn't seem like a long time, though the numbers were flying past on the clock, for Cam to manage to drift to sleep.

About an hour later Cam awoke with a jolt, gaining the unwanted attention from Smith whom still laid beside her. His crystal blue eyes instantly diverted to her, focusing on her confused and somewhat breathless state. Unsure of what had caused her to awake in such a way, she fell back slightly more into the pillows. Smith's eyes still gazing at her, she could feel them burning into the side of her head like lasers, trying to figure out every one of her secrets. She turned her head slightly, eyes closed as the sound of Smith's breathing became more clear. "You ok?" He asked quietly, his voice rough from the sleep he had not yet got. "Yeah..." She answered reluctantly, unsure of how she was supposed to act around him considering how mad he'd previously been whilst they were fighting. "Just can't sleep..." She added, yawning towards the end. The mattress shifted again as Smith turned to his side, now fully facing her. "Bad dream?" He question, his voice full of concern. "Something like that..." Cam replied, also turning to her side to face Smith. His eyes were slightly bloodshot and his face pale. He didn't look good. "You know..." Smith began, eyes drifting away from Cam's. "I am sorry about what i said back there...i'm happy you got that job, even if it does mean you have to move away from us all," Smith whispered, his eyes suddenly looking back into her's. A soft, fake, smile spread onto Cam's face. She didn't want him to be happy for her. She wanted to him to protest more, beg her to stay. At least then she'd know she'd be doing it for someone.

"Thanks Smith..." She mumbled, unhappy with his view of it and hopeful that he was lying to please her. And after another final attempt at falling to sleep, she gave up with a groan. "Come here," Smith's voice interrupted, his right arm lifting to make room for Cam. He clearly was implying for her to sleep closer to him, and though she was against it at first...Cam couldn't resist. Curling up in his warm arms, she breathed in, gaining a scent of her crush. Alex began to hum softly, the rhythm almost in perfect time to the beat of his heart.
(*Look for video*)
"Oh - thinkin' about all our younger years
There was only you and me
We were young and wild and free
Now nothin' can take you away from me
We've been down that road before
But that's over now
You keep me comin' back for more
And baby, you're all that I want
When you're lyin' here in my arms
I'm findin' it hard to believe
We're in heaven
And love is all that I need
And I found it there in your heart
It isn't too hard to see
We're in heaven
Oh - once in your life you find someone
Who will turn your world around
Bring you up when you're feelin' down
Yeah - nothin' could change what you mean to me
Oh there's lots that I could say
But just hold me now
Cause our love will light the way
And baby, you're all that I want
When you're lyin' here in my arms
I'm findin' it hard to believe
We're in heaven
And love is all that I need
And I found it there in your heart
It isn't too hard to see
We're in heaven
I've been waitin' for so long
For somethin' to arrive
For love to come along
Now our dreams are comin' true
Through the good times and the bad
Yeah - I'll be standin' there by you
And baby, you're all that I want
When you're lyin' here in my arms
I'm findin' it hard to believe
We're in heaven
And love is all that I need
And I found it there in your heart
It isn't too hard to see
We're in heaven, heaven, oooh
You're all that I want
You're all that I need
We're in heaven
We're in heaven
We're in heaven"
Cam dug her head into Alex's neck, listening to his soft voice as he sang to her. She'd always loved his singing voice, whether he'd admit to how good it was or not, she loved it. Once Smith had ended, Cam was hardly awake, though she still wanted to hear if Smith had anything else to say. Taking a sigh, Smith nuzzled his head down to Cam's resting his forehead against hers as he spoke. "Please don't go..." He whispered, truly meaning it. Cam smiled at his words, thankful he'd finally told her to stay. "You couldn't keep me away..." She smiled slightly, gazing into his eyes as he lent forward. The kiss was more than Cam had ever imagined from him. It was soft and gentle - meaningful. And she had wished it had never ended. Had she not had to pull away to yawn it probably would have lasted somewhat longer. Smith chuckled at her, pulling her back into him so that she could fall asleep in his arms. Finally placing one last kiss on her forehead before closing his eyes as well.