Forever {Alsmiffy X OC}

I miss you so much,

Your light, your smile, your way,

and everything about us.

The voice on the other end of the line shattered, shook, and sounded fragile; broken. It was Lewis, he could hardly formulate his words when talking, yet it was quite clear something had gone wrong. Something had happened, yet with Lewis' trembling speech it was like pulling teeth trying to find out what. I couldn't even tell if he was crying, or whether he was on the verge of breaking down, still holding together for one last phone call.

"It's Alex..."

He never calls him Alex, not ever. No one in the office does, there's too many Alex's, it just makes it easier, besides he suits Smith more, it just kind of worked out that way. Only ever does someone call him that when there's something wrong. Or when it's serious.

"What about Alex?" I barked back sharply, suddenly feeling my rib cage reverberate with each heartbeat that pounded in my chest. My hands began to quiver, whilst the phone remained in my grasp, hardly, and my pulse quickened with anticipation and worry. If I had ever been so scared that breathing became a challenge, it was now.

Though you're gone, you're still here,

in my heart, in my tears,

yeah you sure left your mark,

and we were just getting started.

I had come home, after having fallen out with Smith over something pathetic.  As always. It had been so small a thing that I couldn't even remember, now, what it was. But we'd argued, as we both usually did whenever some issue arose, be it the tiniest of things, we still managed a row. But I had come home, to see my parents, and for whatever reason, Smith had been in too much of a mood to want to come with me. I hadn't particularly minded, only because I thought it would give him time to cool down in the week I'd be gone. But now my choice to leave him seemed to burn like hot metal pressed against my neck. My airways closed, and eyes began to sting, waiting for Lewis to elaborate on the situation, before my imagination got the best of me.

"You'd best get here...as soon as you can. We don't know how long we have..."

Whatever Lewis meant by it, for whatever reason there was a time limit on seeing Alex again, it made me feel sick. Physically sick. I wanted to scream, cry and demand answers but I knew deep down this was too serious to break down over, not yet anyway.

"Where?"

Was all I could manage to say, the only thing that seemed worth asking in this short space of a phone call, that had Lewis emotionally tearing on the other end, and me distraught here, not entirely sure what it was that we were so fragile over, but knowing well enough that this didn't have a happy ending.

"Hospital near work. Please hurry,"

Lewis' end closed after that, no more trembling voice on the end of a now hollow line, no more answers for this space in time. There was only one thing that crossed my mind in that moment, getting on the next train home.