I Do

Shawn stood at the end of the aisle of the makeshift ceremony space they created in Topanga's bakery. They decided to get married less than six months after the proposal and couldn't decide where to have the ceremony and when Topanga suggested the bakery, they realized it was perfect.

They didn't need a big space because they didn't have a long list. Shawn had no family left other than Jack, who was standing up as a groomsman in the wedding, and Katy had no extended family she wished to invite. The entire Matthews family was there, so they really didn't need anyone else, though a few friends, including both Jonathan Turner and Mr. Feeny were invited.

With Cory as the obvious choice for best man, Eric and Josh rounded out the groomsmen. Maya eagerly served as the Maid of Honor with Riley, Topanga and even Morgan as bridesmaids. Amy and Alan were so proud to be asked to sit in the place where the parents of the groom would sit.

Auggie, Mr. Feeny and Jonathan all filled in the row as Shawn considered all of them family. The other side was filled in with Lucas, Farkle, Stuart Minkus, they rest of his family, and their other friends filled in the remaining seats.

Shawn's hands were becoming clammy as he was waiting for the ceremony to start.

"Are you ready, Buddy?" Cory whispered over his shoulder

"I've been ready my whole life, Cor," Shawn responded with a grin, as the music started playing.

Morgan and Topanga processed in first, then Riley and Maya, all in matching begonia pink lace cap-sleeved dresses and carrying bouquets of multicolored flowers. Once they all had taken their place, everyone stood to see Katy walk in.

Her eyes locked with Shawn's as she glided in in her sleeveless white lace dress, carrying flowers similar to her bridesmaids. This dress was nicer than any she could afford but Topanga politely insisted that Katy allow her to help pay for it. Topanga wanted Katy to have a special day. When she reached him, she handed her flowers to her daughter and took Shawn's hands.

The officiant began going through the formalities of the ceremony, but neither Shawn nor Katy really noticed until he spoke directly to them.

"Before the vows, Shawn and Katy have something they want to say to each other. Shawn?" the officiant explained before Shawn went first.

"Katy," Shawn began after taking a deep breath, "Ever since I was little, I dreamed of having a family, with a mom and dad and a house. Basically I dreamed about being a apart of the Matthews family," Shawn paused as everyone laughed, "But as much as they took me in and treated me as family, I still wanted my own. Then as I got older, I discovered I had a brother, a wonderful brother, but I still yearned for more. I also yearned for love. I dated girls and fell in love, or so I thought. But I never really knew what loving someone was like until I met you and Maya. You've taught me that love doesn't have to be hard. Love can be as simple as finding the person that makes you look forward to every day. Now have I more than I could have ever dreamed of. I'm so proud to be a husband for you and a father for Maya. I have a family now, and it's you."

"Shawn, the way you care for Maya is everything I've ever wished for her," Katy began, fighting back tears, "and the way you love me is more than I ever thought I deserved. Every time she's needed you, you've been there. Every time I've needed you, you've been there. I didn't know what it was like to have someone I could rely on and lean on until you came along. You've given me more than you can ever know. You've given me a second chance at being the mother Maya deserves because with you I don't have to do it alone. You make me strong when I feel weak. You tell me I'm beautiful when I don't feel it. My life is complete now that you are in it, now that I have you to share it with."

After they finished, he lead them in their vows.

"Shawn, do you take Katy, to be your wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?" He asked Shawn.

"I do," Shawn replied, not breaking eye contact with Katy.

"Katy, do you take Shawn to be your husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?" He then asked Katy.

"I do," Katy echoed, as tears started forming in her eyes. Shawn reached up and caught one on his thumb before it streamed down her face.

"Cory, the rings please," he directed, taking the rings from Cory and handing them to Shawn and Katy, "Please repeat after me: With this ring, I marry you and bind my life to yours. It is a symbol of my eternal love, my everlasting friendship, and the promise of all my tomorrows."

"With this ring," Shawn repeated as he slid the first ring on her finger, "I marry you and bind my life to yours. It is a symbol of my eternal love, my everlasting friendship, and the promise of all my tomorrows."

"With this ring," Katy echoed as she slid the other ring on his finger, "I marry you and bind my life to yours. It is a symbol of my eternal love, my everlasting friendship, and the promise of all my tomorrows."

"With the power invested in me by God and the State of New York, I now pronounce you husband and wife, Shawn you may now kiss your bride." With the biggest smile on his face Shawn lifted Katy into his arms and kissed her.

"I present for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Shawn Hunter," He finished as Shawn and Katy turned to face their loved ones, lacing their fingers together.

"Maya," Shawn waved his new daughter over and took her hand with his other hand. The new family was congratulated by the guests as the music played.

---------

Cory clanked his fork on his champagne glass to get everyone's attention.

"I'd like to propose a toast," he began, "Shawnie, you are like a brother to me. I've known you all of my life. Before I got married you were my best friend, and then Topanga became my best friend. I always wanted you to find yours –That person that completes you. Then Katy came along and in her you found the person to start your life with. You've waited so long and now you've finally found your best friend. Now your life can begin. There is nothing in the world could make me happier. And to Katy, when he makes you nuts, you call me. Here's to Shawn and Katy!"

Everyone raised their glasses and repeated in unison, "To Shawn and Katy!"

"I'd like to say something to, for my mom and dad," Maya piped up, savoring the words she just said, "I've always thought if you don't get your hopes up, you can't be disappointed. Truthfully, I've been hoping for someone to come along that loved my mom and loved me too. Then I let myself hope for one thing just a little. I let myself hope for you, Shawn. I hoped for you to be the person we'd been missing for so long. I'm so happy you found each other and I'm proud to be your daughter. I love you both so much! Cheers!"

"Cheers!" Everyone echoed as Maya walked over to the happy couple and hugged them both. Riley snapped a picture using the camera Shawn had given her. She captured the new family sharing the sweet moment.

"A new picture for your locket, Maya," Riley suggested, offering the camera for Maya to see the picture.

"This was definitely worth hoping for. Thanks Riley," Maya smiled, giving Riley a big hug.