Cravings

Riley looked every bit of the 8 months pregnant she now was, and she felt like it. She couldn't see her feet anymore but that was probably a good thing with how swollen her ankles felt. She waddled through the living room before making her way to the couch. She sat down on one end and put her feet up on the other end, trying to get comfortable.

She picked up her phone from the end table next to her, trying to catch Lucas before he left work. She really wanted some ice cream and hoped he'd pick some up for her. She sent him some messages:

Riley: Hey Baby, are you still at work?

Lucas: Just about to leave. Why?

Riley: I really want some ice cream.

Riley: Could you maybe pick some up for me on your way home?

Lucas: Of course. Anything for you.

Riley: You're the best! I love you!

Lucas: I love you, too. See you soon!

Riley couldn't wait for him to get home. She missed him like crazy. Between his vet grad school classes and his work schedule she didn't get to see him as much, but also she and the baby were both hungry. She grabbed the remote from the table and turned on Netflix, finding something to watch while she waited for him.

-

Elsewhere, a slightly less pregnant Maya was attempting to assemble the crib for their baby but was having a rough time. She wasn't really physically able to do it, with her belly in the way, but she really wanted to be able to do it for herself. She had started feeling so useless, as she had gotten bigger, and Josh had been doing so much for her.

Feeling defeated, she put down her screwdriver and picked up her phone. She had far weirder cravings than Riley and was starting to get hungry. She texted Josh too:

Maya: Can you stop at the store on your way home?

Josh: Sure. What do you need?

Maya: Pickles,

Josh: Will do.

Maya: Chunky Peanut Butter,

Josh: Okay...

Maya: And Grape Soda!

Josh: Alright, Gorgeous. I'll get them and be home soon.

Maya: Thanks, Handsome. Miss you!

Maya tried to pull herself to her feet but her center of gravity was not cooperating and she wasn't sure she could do it. She was getting upset quickly and hoped Josh would get home soon or she would be stuck on the floor for a while.

-

"Honey, I'm home!" Lucas called out as he made his way into the apartment with his arms full. He put the box in his arms on the counter before dropping his book bag on the kitchen table.

"Welcome home," Riley responded as she turned slightly to face him, "What's in the box?"

"I know you said you wanted ice cream," Lucas began as he picked the box back up, "but I couldn't decide what flavor. So I bought three different flavors plus everything you need for a sundae. I got hot fudge, caramel, nuts, M&M's, red gummy bears, and whipped cream."

"Aww Lucas," Riley gushed, "This is so much more than I could ever ask for. You are the best husband a girl could ask for."

"So what would you like?" Lucas asked as he grabbed a bowl from the cabinet and some spoons.

"Everything," Riley answered gleefully like a little girl, "With extra red gummy bears."

"I thought so," Lucas replied as scooped some of each ice cream and added all of the toppings, with extra red gummy bears. When he finished he handed the bowl and a spoon to Riley who playfully rested the bowl on her bump. Then he went and sat where she had her feet and put them on his lap, starting to rub one.