Graduation

"Let me leave you with something a wise man once said, 'Dream. Try. Do Good.' And that doesn't mean to do well, but to do good," Riley said wrapping up her Salutatorian speech, "Congratulations Class of 2020, its time for us to take on the world!" Cory, Topanga, and even Shawn became emotional hearing her quote their own mentor.

Applause broke out as Riley returned to her seat with the graduates. After the crowd settled, the principal proceeded to distribute the diplomas. The names all blended together except for a few familiar ones mixed in. "Isaiah Babineaux....Lucas Friar....Maya Hart.....Riley Matthews....Farkle Minkus....Isadora Smackle...." After all of the diplomas were handed out, the entire class rose to their feet.

"I now present the James Madison High School Class of 2020!" the principal announced as the graduates tossed their mortarboards into the air. The parents all clapped and cheered as the students celebrated amongst themselves.

-----

The friends were scattered throughout the crowd in the sea of polyester as they searched for their relatives. Riley, Maya and their families already had a predetermined meeting place after they got through the madness.

Riley quickly found Maya and the girls excitedly embraced, practically jumping up and down.

"We did it!!" Riley squealed, squeezing her best friend tightly

"I never could have done it without you," Maya replied, holding back tears.

"Me too," Riley added before Farkle came up to them.

"Riley! Maya!" Farkle exclaimed before hugging them both.

"Your valedictorian speech was great, Farkle! If anyone had to be valedictorian other than me, I'm so glad it was you," Riley gushed.

"Yeah, Farkle, you did really great," Maya echoed.

"Your speech was great too, Riley," Farkle replied, "That last quote was so beautiful." Soon Smackle came up and the congratulations continued. Now Riley just wanted to see Lucas

After scanning through the crowd in the direction she thought he'd be, she caught a glimpse of his smile. He was talking to Zay. They gave each other a quick hug, as she looked at them.

"I'll see you around, bro," Zay said before calling to Riley, "Great speech, Riley!"

"Thanks Zay," Riley replied, waving as he walked away.

"Now everyone is here," Farkle pointed out as Lucas joined the group.

"Finally," Maya teased before pulling out her phone, "Smackle, could you get a picture of the four of us?"

"Sure!" Smackle replied, taking Maya's phone from her.

Riley, Maya, Farkle, and Lucas lined up and put their arms around their shoulders.

"Smile!," Smackle directed the four friends, before snapping the picture.

"Thanks, Smackle," Riley said, as Maya texted the picture to each of them so they all had it.

"I really want to find my mom. I'll see you guys later," Maya interjected, the last part directed to Farkle and Smackle.

"That's okay, we need to find our parents too. Bye guys!" Farkle responded, walking off with Smackle. Maya headed off into the crowd as well.

Left alone, Lucas and Riley turned their attention to each other.

"You were amazing, Riles," Lucas complimented her as he wrapped her in a big hug, lightly kissing the top of her head.

"Thank you, Lucas," Riley responded, as she stretched up to kiss him lightly, always modest when it came to public affection.

"Come on, let's go find your family," Lucas suggested as he offered his hand to her and they walked toward where the families were meeting.

------

Maya searched intensely for her mom and Shawn. Out of nowhere she felt someone grab her from behind. "Congratulations gorgeous!" Josh said into her ear leaving a kiss on her cheek.

"Joshua Gabriel Matthews!" Maya squealed as she spun around and wrapped her arms around his neck. He lifted her feet off the ground as she kissed him passionately. Now that they were together keeping their hands off each other was nearly impossible.

"I'm so proud of you," he said as they caught their breath and he put her back down.

"Come on lets go find everyone," Maya said as she laced her fingers through his and lead him through the crowd to the benches they agreed on.

They arrived to see Topanga and Katy admiring the pictures they had taken and the couples finding their way to the group. Cory and Shawn were catching up with Amy and Alan.

Riley and Lucas walked up, still hand in hand, Riley leaning into him. Josh stood behind Maya with his arms around her waist and rested his chin in her hair. Maya grabbed on to his arms loving how safe she felt when he held her.

"Congratulations kids! We are so proud of all of you," Cory said before giving Riley a big hug. This led to a domino effect of hugs. Maya and Riley took turns hugging their parents as well as Amy and Alan. Josh and Lucas gave each other an amused look as they watched their girlfriends bounce around the group. Lucas got hugs from Cory and Topanga, too, before all the fun was done.

"Alright, everyone, let's try and get a picture of everyone," Topanga ordered as she directed the group into position. Amy and Alan stood in the middle with Cory and Shawn on each side. Katy stood next to Shawn and Topanga left a spot next to Cory for herself.

Maya and Riley were obviously next to each other with Josh and Lucas at their sides, respectively. Last but not least, Auggie squeezed his way right in between of Riley and Maya.

Realizing she still needed someone to take the picture, she flagged down Minkus.

"Stuart, would you please take a picture for us?" She asked holding her phone out to him.

"Topanga!" Minkus exclaimed like he always did, "I'd be happy too."

Topanga hurried next to Cory as Minkus got ready for the picture.

"Say Cheese!" Minkus shouted. In unison, everyone one obliged.

After a few attempts, Minkus returned Topanga's phone and returned to his family, waving to his old friends.

"Can we see?" Riley and Maya asked simultaneously as they hurried over by her. She handed it over to them as they studied the picture. What they saw were all those they loved, their parents, boyfriends, and most importantly each other.

"It's perfect," Maya said as Riley returned the phone to her mom.

"I wish this moment would never end," Riley admitted to her best friend, knowing it had too. She was going to Columbia, as was Lucas, but Maya was going to NYU with Josh. Even Farkle and Smackle were going to Harvard. Everything was going to change, going to different h.

Riley and Maya weren't going to be alone but they wouldn't be together every day the same way as they had been for as long as they could remember.

"It's gonna be okay Riley," Maya comforted her, before directing her attention for the two boys waiting for them; "Something even better is just about to begin."