Daughters

"One more contraction and she'll be in your arms," the doctor told Riley, who was on the verge of giving up, "You are so close, Riley,"

"I can't do this anymore," Riley exhaled, flopping back on her pillow, "Is Maya okay?"

"Maya is okay," Topanga burst into the room just in time and making her way to Riley's side, "She was having a complication, so they took her in for an emergency delivery. You can see her a little later. You need to have this baby first. And don't worry, I called Katy and Shawn."

"Here it is Riley. You need to push," the doctor instructed again and this time Riley listened. Within seconds their little girl was in the doctor's hands. The doctor quickly placed her on Riley's chest as she breathed with relief when she heard the baby's first cries.

"Hi, Baby," Riley cooed at her brand new baby, peppering her with kisses, "I'm your Mommy. Your Daddy and I love you so much."

"She's beautiful, with brown curls just like you," Lucas breathed as he bent down kissing Riley and then kissing their baby, "You were amazing, Riley."

The nurses cleaned off their daughter before returning her to Riley and Lucas. Riley held her first before handing her off to Lucas as the doctors finished up with her. Lucas rocked her in his arms, completely in love with her already.

"So do you have a name for her?" the nurse asked as she filled out the chart. Topanga perked up wanting to know what her granddaughter's name was. Riley and Lucas smiled at each other.

"We decided on Josephine Corynne Friar," Lucas announced softly, Riley just beaming as she listened to him speak, "She's named for two very special people to us."

"That's a beautiful name," Topanga approved as she got emotional, "Can I hold her?"

-

Meanwhile, Josh walked into Maya's hospital room as she rested from her surgery. He pushed in the clear basinet with a nurse not far behind, keeping an eye on things. Maya's eyelids fluttered as he lightly kissed her.

"Hi Handsome," Maya murmured as her eyes opened and she offered him a small smile.

"Hey, Gorgeous," Josh responded tenderly as he sat by her bed, "Would you like to meet our daughter?"

"Our daughter?" Maya questioned as she processed what he had just said and smiled at him, "We have a baby girl?"

"We have a happy, healthy, baby girl ready to meet her mom," Josh answered with a huge smile on his face as he took their baby, wrapped in her pink blanket, and held her out to Maya. Maya leaned down as kissed her head covered with soft blond hairs.

"She's perfect," Maya sighed as she gazed at Josh, "She's the most perfect little baby. But she doesn't have a name yet."

"Speaking of that," Josh piped up, having something in mind, "I was thinking Katherine suits her. Your mother raised an amazing woman who will love this little girl. It just seems fitting to honor her this way."

"I love that, Josh," Maya eagerly agreed with his suggestion, "Katherine... Amelia... Matthews. Katherine is for my mom and Amelia is after yours."

"It's perfect!" Josh leaned down and kissed her lips before handing the baby back to the nurse, "I'm sorry to take her away but you both need some rest. You can see her again soon. Sweet dreams!"

-

Josh made his way into the hall, following the nurse pushing his daughter back to the nursery. When he looked up from his baby girl, he saw Lucas coming out of Riley's room, following another nurse doing the same thing. The nurses stopped briefly as the two men greeted each other with a hug.