Weekend

Maya had ants in her pants as she stood in the courtyard outside her dorm. Josh was coming home one of the few weekends he was able to steal away from his job in Chicago. During the summer Maya had gone to visit him a couple of times. He had visited her a couple times, too, since her visits after he moved. But the time together was never enough

She wanted to meet him at the airport but Josh didn't think they could handle doing it in the middle of the airport anymore. He wanted a little more privacy when he saw her for the first time, not that he enjoyed having to wait longer to see her.

Josh walked into the courtyard from the far side, liking that he could catch a glimpse of her before she noticed him. From behind and from so far away he immediately knew it was her. Her long blonde waves contrasted with her dark green army jacket and his favorite beanie that he had given her. She was almost dancing as she kicked her both her leather boots in the dirt.

He made his way silently toward her not wanting to get her attention yet. She must have been pretty lost in thought because he managed to get right behind her without her knowing. Before she could turn around, he slipped his arms around her from behind.

"Hey gorgeous," Josh whispered in her ear as Maya nearly jumped out of his arms before he lightly kissed her cheek.

"Joshua Gabriel! Don't do that to me!" Maya scolded him before turning around to face him, "You're lucky I love you or I might never talk to you again." She playfully hit his chest before wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him deeply, making up for lost time.

"I am lucky," Josh teased when he pulled back, "I get to come back to you, though it's never often enough."

"I know. I miss you more and more all the time," Maya sighed knowing this time together was as temporary as the last time, "Tell me there will be a time when we don't have to say goodbye."

"There will," Josh reassured her smiling as his eyes locked with hers, "Then we'll only say goodnight."

"I can't wait," Maya breathed as she held tightly on to him, knowing in less than 48 hours she'd be letting go of him again. He was leaving on Sunday morning and she couldn't stand to think about it.

"What would you like to do tonight?" Josh asked her after a moment, "I am getting kind of hungry."

"We could go out, but I'd much rather stay in with you, watching movies in your arms until I fall asleep," Maya answered as she curled up against his chest, "How about Chinese?"

"Sounds perfect," Josh replied as he pulled back and took her hand in his instinctively, leading her toward his rental car, "What else do you want to do while I am here?"

"Just spend time with you," Maya responded, before being a little more honest, "But I'd like to have dinner with you, my mom, and Shawn tomorrow night, if you don't mind. They invited us out, actually."

"Anything with you," Josh agreed, before leaning down toward her at his side to leave a kiss on her lips, as they headed off to grab their takeout.

-

While Maya was getting ready for dinner with her mom and Shawn, Josh snuck over to see his brother to take care of some very important business.

"My brother?" Josh called into the fairly quiet apartment from the doorway.

"My brother!" Cory replied as he entered the living room from the hall.

"Where is everyone?" Josh asked, bringing attention to the absence of Riley, Auggie, and Topanga.

"They are at a movie. I was just about to leave to go meet them for burgers. Want to come?" Cory answered as he was about to grab his coat.

"That's okay. I am meets up with Maya, her mom, and Shawn. I just wanted to ask you a favor first," Josh responded, sticking his hands into his pockets.