Married

"And now...here they are...being introduced for the first time as husband and wife...the new Mr. And Mrs. Lucas and Riley Friar!!!" The DJ introduced the newlyweds after Farkle, Smackle, Zay, and Maya had already paraded into the reception with silly dance moves.

Lucas and Riley entered with some silly moves of their own, holding hands as they made their way to the head table, taking their place in the middle seats with Maya and Smackle to Riley's left and Zay and Farkle to Lucas's right.

They had barely taken their seats when the sound of silverware clinking on glasses rang out through the room, as if almost on cue. Following tradition, they glad obliged the coaxing and rose from their seats to kiss each other. It was short and sweet, but they both savored it a bit, smiles overtaking their faces. Both were clearly beyond thrilled to be sharing kisses as husband and wife.

Moments later the dinner began and the waiters brought out the food. The sound of clinking silverware was replaced by the sounds of eating and the din of conversing voices. Once the meal was well underway, the time for speeches arrived. Maya as the Maid of Honor stood from her seat and tapped her fork on her glass to get the attention of the entire room.

"Riley Matthews and I have been best friends since we were little kids. We have been through so much together. We never thought there would come a time when we weren't best friends anymore," Maya began her speech before getting choked up a little, as she and Riley never broke eye contact. She walked toward Riley as she continued, giving Riley's hand a squeeze before giving it to Lucas and looking at both of them, "But now, she is Riley Friar, and she loves Lucas more than anyone in the world. Now, Lucas is her new best friend, and that's okay. That is how it's supposed to be. So here's to Riley, and to Lucas, Riley's new best friend. Take good care of her, Huckleberry. And when she makes you nuts, you call me. I love both. Cheers!" Maya raised her glass as she finished and clinked it on Riley's glass before the two shared a long hug.

After the girls finished their moment, Maya handed the microphone off to Zay, as he and Farkle to their positions to begin their best men speech.

"I grew up with Lucas back in Texas," Zay began his part of the speech, "He was my friend when no one else was, and he would stop at nothing from helping me when I needed him, even when it was my own fault, which was most of the time. I had a habit of getting myself into trouble but he always bailed me out. I didn't know there was anyone as loyal as that but it turns out Riley is."

"And I've known Riley since first grade," Farkle continued when it was his turn, "She is the nicest person I have ever known. I was always a little different, but she always defended me when people picked on me, even if it would mean them picking on her. She put her friends before herself. Lucas is like that too and I can't believe I was lucky enough to have more than one friend like that."

"They are two of our best friends," Zay followed up, "I have never seen Lucas happier than when he is with Riley. She lights up his life and brings out the very best in him. They make a perfect fit, like she is his other half and he is hers. If only we all could be as lucky to have what they have."

"We couldn't be happier for them," Farkle finished, "Here's to Lucas and Riley. Here's to their love, their laughter, and their happily ever after!"

"To Lucas and Riley," The guests echoed back as Farkle and Zay took turns hugging the bride and groom.

-

After the meal was over and the dance floor was cleared of tables and people the dancing began. The DJ announced Riley and Lucas's first dance as they made their way to the center of the dance floor. Riley put her arms around his neck and Lucas rested his forehead on hers as he hands found the small of her back.