Pregnant

Katy fidgeted with the small wrapped box in her hands. She had some big news for Shawn and she just wished he was home already. She had taken a few pregnancy tests, all were positive. She was excited to have a baby with the man that she loved but she didn't know how he would react. She was nervous he wouldn't be happy.

She tried to keep herself busy cleaning up their apartment and moving furniture around to keep her mind occupied until he returned from work. She paced around with the box in her hands until the sound of the door opening made her heart stop.

"Hey baby," Shawn said nonchalantly as he walked in the door, hung up his coat and put his bag on the chair, "How was your day?" Shawn walked up to his wife and kissed her as he did every day.

"Great! I have some big news for you," Katy replied timidly after he pulled back from the kiss. She handed the box in her hands to him.

"I hope its good news," Shawn chuckled as he pulled the bow off the box and began to unwrap it. He was speechless for a few moments after he opened the box as he examined the contents. Inside the box was a little onesie that said, "I love my daddy." His face was reactionless for what felt like the longest time to Katy.

"I love my daddy--" Shawn read the words on the onesie but stopped as he seemed to realize what it meant, "Are you...are you pregnant?" He was clearly shocked but Katy was very relieved when a smile spread over his face.

"Yeah, I'm pregnant," Katy answered happily as Shawn wrapped her in his arms, kissing his wife passionately and spinning her around.

"So you are happy about this?" Katy asked as when he put her down and they caught their breath.

"Of course! I couldn't be happier! Why wouldn't I be?" Shawn asked, somewhat confused but her question.

"Well I know about how your dad was gone all the time. I know you are great with Maya but I didn't know if you wanted a baby," Katy admitted honestly, sitting down on the couch.

"Yeah my dad was gone a lot, but I was very fortunate to have some wonderful father figures in my life. Mr Turner, for one, who took me in when I needed a place to stay, and Cory's dad was always there for me, whether I liked it or not," Shawn answered as he put the box on the table, sat down next to her and took her hand before continuing, "All my life, I have wanted a family. I couldn't be any happier to have one with you, Maya, and our baby."

"I am so happy to hear you say that," Katy replied as she moved onto his lap and kissed her husband eagerly. They were fully consumed by each other until they heard the door open again.

"Ugh, get a room," Maya teased as she put her book bag and her duffle on the floor and walked to the kitchen looking for a snack. She was home from college for the weekend to celebrate her birthday.

"How is school going?" Katy asked as her daughter fumbled around the kitchen.

"Oh, you know, the usual," Maya answered nonchalantly. Katy looked at Shawn, not wanting to wait any longer to tell their daughter their big news, and Shawn nodded in agreement.

"Baby girl," Katy began excitedly, her smile matching the one on Shawn's face, "We have some big news for you."

"We're having a baby! Your mom is pregnant!" Shawn interjected finishing for Katy, sharing her excitement. The two sat there waiting for Maya to react.

"Really?" Maya asked both of them nodding and smiling, "That's so great!" Maya hurried over to hug both of them.

"So when are you due?" Maya asked once the excitement settled.

"Well, I just found out, so I'd guess some time around mid-February," Katy answered as she estimated when nine months would fall.

"So, you are due around Valentine's Day?" Maya wondered with a smirk on her face.

"Yeah, it will probably be sometime around there. Why?" Katy responded not really understanding her daughters' reaction.

"No reason," Maya brushed off the question, not really wanting to answer it.

"I know," Shawn teased, liking that he knew something Katy didn't, "Josh's birthday is Valentine's Day."

"Aww that's sweet. Maybe your baby brother or sister will share their birthday with him," Katy told her daughter once she understood.

"I hope it's a girl," Maya commented once she thought about it, "I have always wanted a sister."

"I am happy as long as he or she is healthy," Katy responded, genuinely not caring what the baby was, but secretly hoping for a boy after already having a girl.

"Me too," Shawn agreed, kissing his wife on her temple, "We should celebrate. Are you free for dinner tonight, Maya? I know your birthday is this weekend, but it would be nice to celebrate just the three of us."

"Yes, I am free. I don't have plans with Riley and everyone until later. Plus Josh is busy studying for his last exams this weekend," Maya answered as she got up to grab her bags to take them to her room, "I just need to go change first."

"Sounds good," Katy added before standing up from the couch herself.

"One question," Maya stopped before leaving the living room to ask one more thing, "I am not going to lose my bedroom to the baby, am I?"

"Oh no, you'll get to keep your room," Katy reassured Maya, who went to her room to change.

"This is a two bedroom apartment, Katy. Where are we going to put the baby?" Shawn pointed out the obvious problem they now had.

"We are going to need a bigger place," Katy admitted, realizing the problem she walked into.

"Yup," Shawn agreed as the both chuckled at their new challenge.