Amy's Gift

Maya, Katy, Riley, and Topanga all gathered in the Matthews' Philadelphia living room. Amy had invited everyone to Philly so the girls could shop at some slightly more modestly priced stores and to have a family dinner with most of their family. Their respective significant others went to a Phillies game along with Auggie and Shawn and Katy's son John.

"Before we go," Amy announced before heading up the stairs, "I have something I want to show you, Maya." She returned, from what they all assumed was her bedroom, with a large garment bag.

"Amy," Topanga sighed thinking she knew what Amy was up to, "I don't know if Maya would want to wear your wedding dress."

"While that is the most important possession that I own," Amy countered with a sneaky grin, "This...This is Maya's dress." Amy handed the bag to Maya, "Go on, open it."

Maya just stared at it for a moment, running her fingers over the zipper. Slowly she pulled it down to reveal what was inside. As soon as she saw it, she pushed the bag into Riley's arms in hurry as she covered her own face. "Amy..."

"It's the dress!!" Riley squealed as she saw what was in the bag she held before showing it to her mom.

"What dress?" Katy asked, unaware of the dress Maya had tried on at the bridal store.

"This dress caught Maya's eye at the bridal store where Riley bought her dress," Topanga explained enthusiastically, "She tried it on and it fit her perfectly."

"How did you do this?" Maya asked, emotionally, so confused as how Amy had the dress, "We all left the store together."

"I went back before I left the city," Amy explained, "I couldn't help myself. I never got to buy a dress for Morgan because she eloped and I knew how much you loved it. I don't mean to take shopping for a dress away from you and your mom, but I was afraid the dress would be gone if I didn't buy it."

"Put it on!!" Riley interjected, "Let's see if it's as perfect as we remember! Besides, your mom hasn't seen it yet!"

"Can I?" Maya inquired Amy eagerly as Riley handed the dress back to her.

"Of course!" Amy answered quickly, "You can use my room. Come on, I'll help you." The two women went upstairs as the other three sat down on the couch early waiting to see the dress, Katy for the first time.

They chatted amongst themselves until Amy appeared at the top of the stairs. Their attention turned to her as she came down to the living room before calling back up the stairs, "Alright, Maya, we are ready for you!"

Maya made her way to the top of the stars before proceeding slowly down the stairs as they all watched in awe. She took their breath away as she glided down and they could all see the dress was still a perfect fit.

"It's beautiful, baby girl," Katy beamed seeing her daughter in a wedding dress for the first time, "You couldn't find a more perfect dress than this one."

"I still can get over how flawlessly it fits you," Riley exhaled as she admired the dress once again, "It's meant to be!"

"Now that the dress is all figured out," Topanga ventured before asking, "Do you and Josh know where you want to have the wedding?"

"I'm not sure," Maya answered vaguely and uncertainly, "We both want something small and simple. After all, my guest list is short."

"You know, Maya, you could just get married here," Riley suggested with a knowing grin, "The house is beautiful and I am sure there is a enough room for family and a few friends. We could move out the furniture and set up chairs."

"That's a great idea," Topanga agreed eagerly, "Cory and I almost did that, until Eric ran away with things. Josh would be speechless watching you come down those stairs in that dress."