Moving

The Matthews' family home in Philadelphia was filled with just that—family. Amy and Alan were celebrating more than 50 years of marriage surrounded by their children, including Shawn, whom they had always considered a son, grandchildren, and even a great grandchild. The house where they raised their 4 children was bustling with more love and family than they could have ever imagined.

Lucas had just finished veterinary school was officially Dr. Friar. Auggie and Ava had graduated from high school and were planning on attending Pennbrook just like Cory and Topanga, as well as Shawn and Eric. Riley and Lucas' daughter, Joey, and, Josh and Maya's daughter, Katie, were both 2 years old giving Shawn and Katy's 5 year old son, John, a run for his money.

The living room had been turned into a dining room with one very large table in the middle. Topanga, Katy, Riley, and, Maya prepared a feast that, as usual, was quickly devoured, to Topanga's disdain.

"This took days to prepare and you animals ate it in 5 minutes," Topanga scowled half seriously, folding her arms across her chest and the other ladies followed suit. Their husbands couldn't help but chuckle which quickly dissipated the tension.

Alan stood from his seat, taping his glass to get everyone's attention. The chatter around the table quieted and they all turned their attention to him as he cleared his throat.

"We have an announcement for all of you," Alan began as he looked down at Amy and took her hand.

"You're pregnant!" Eric blurted out to the surprise of no one at that table.

"No, Eric, that's not it," Alan responded laughing at his oldest son's familiar behavior, "We have had so many happy years together in his house, but we have decided that it's time to sell it."

"What? How can you do this?" Cory shrieked at the idea of his parent's selling his childhood home, "Topanga, tell them they can't do this."

"It's too late Cory," Amy laughed as she stood up next to Alan, "We are listing it tomorrow." As the announcement settled over the whole table, Eric, Morgan, and Josh all voiced their disappointment in the house not being theirs anymore.

Once everything calmed down, Lucas and Riley had an announcement of their own to share with their family. Lucas stood up and cleared his throat once again quieting the table as well.

"Riley and I have some news too," Lucas said timidly fighting back all sorts of emotions, "My grandfather's house was left to me when he died. I wasn't ready for it at the time, so my uncle has been overseeing it. Now that I am finished with school and ready to start my practice, Riley and I have decided to move into his house with Joey. I loved growing up on that farm. It's very special for me to give that to my daughter. We will miss you all so much!"

"When are you guys moving?" Topanga asked bitter sweetly, not ready to say good bye to her baby.

"By the end of the summer," Riley added, Lucas putting his arm around her as she rose to her feet, "We are going to spend as much time as we can with everyone before we go and we hope you all will come and visit. It's such a beautiful place.

"Since this is probably the last time everyone will be in this house," Shawn began, changing the subject, "We should take a family picture. Can everyone stick around for a while?" Everyone happily agreed, loving the idea.

"Thank you Shawn," Amy said softly as she went over and hugged him, "That is such a lovely idea. I know I'll treasure it."

"You're very welcome," Shawn responded, hugging her back, "I can never repay you both for all you have done for me, but this can be my anniversary gift to you.