Baby Hunter

"That's awesome! I know how excited you've been to meet your baby brother or sister," Josh replied to Maya's announcement, giving her a hug, as the two still stood in her living room following her phone call, "Do you want to change before we go?"

"Yeah, that might be a good idea," Maya agreed, a little scatterbrained, before heading off her room. She quickly threw on her NYU off-shoulder sweatshirt over a white tank and her favorite skinny jeans. She pulled on her short black UGG knockoffs and quickly undid her up do, pulling a navy beanie over her blonde waves.

When she returned to the living room, grabbing her chunky grey infinity scarf, she saw that Josh had changed too. He had been keeping some clothes at her apartment since he was there so often. He was wearing a grey sweatshirt over a navy tee, converse, a pair of jeans with a brown belt, and his favorite black beanie.

"Ready?" Josh asked as she grabbed her purse.

"I've been ready all my life," Maya answered as she grabbed his hand and ran out with him.

-

When they got to the hospital, they hurried to find Shawn in the hallway on the maternity floor. He was anxiously pacing back and forth, oblivious to their arrival.

"Dad!" Maya called out as she released Josh's hand and ran toward Shawn. His eyes lit up to see her and he engulfed her in a hug as she jumped into his arms.

"Hey, Baby girl," Shawn sighed as he put her down, "They are just getting your mom settled"

"Can I see her? Please?" Maya asked effervescently, nearly bouncing up and down,

"Of course," Shawn answered as he led her toward Katy's room. "You have a visitor, Honey," Shawn announced as the two entered her room.

"Maya!" Katy exclaimed when she saw her daughter, her arms wide open before Maya quickly embraced her, "I'm so glad you are here, baby girl."

"I wouldn't miss this for the world, Mom," Maya responded as they continued to hug, "How are you feeling?"

"Well, I'm having a baby so, you know," Katy sighed, rubbing her very protruding belly as she sat up in the hospital bed, "I am just so ready to meet this little one."

"I am too," Maya giggled as she sat on the edge of the bed and reached to touch her mom's bump, "So how far along are you?"

"About 4 centimeters, but there is still quite a ways to go," Katy explain as she breathed through contractions, "They are monitoring me pretty closely because I am a little older."

"I'm sure everything will be just fine," Maya said as her heart raced in anticipation to be a big sister to this baby. A knock came to the door and Shawn went to open it as the two women directed their attention to it.

"Riley and Lucas are here with Cory and Topanga if you want to come out and see them," Josh declared as he poked his head in the door.

"Is it okay, if I go see everyone, Mom? I won't be long," Maya asked earnestly, feeling bad to leave her mom but feeling bad to ignore all of the people waiting.

"Of course, baby. I'm not going anywhere and its going pretty slowly right now," Katy answered sweetly brushing the hair from her daughters face, "Have fun sweetie." Maya kissed her mom's cheek before hopping up from the bed and grabbing Josh's hand, following him back out into the hall.

-

"Peaches!" Riley squealed when she saw her best friend before she ran over to hug Maya, "You're almost a big sister! Aren't you excited?"