Second Date

Riley stood in front of her floor length mirror. She smoothed her purple dress and lightly tousled her long brown curls. She didn't understand why she felt so nervous. She'd gone out with Lucas before, but something about this night was different.

It was going to be their first date as a couple. They had been a couple for a few months but this was the first chance they had to really go out. Everything was different from their first date. She definitely wasn't 13 anymore. As she made some last touch ups to her make-up, her mom stuck her head through the door.

"Wow, that dress is stunning on you, honey. Just so you know, Lucas is here," Topanga announced to her oldest child, before disappearing back into the hall. Riley took a deep breath before following her out to the living room. When she entered the living room her eyes immediately locked on Lucas'.

"Hi," Riley offered quietly, overwhelmed by the way he looked at her. It was a familiar feeling. He looked at her much the same way the first time around.

"Hi," Lucas echoed, smiling intensely at her after a moment, "You look beautiful Riley,"

"Thank you," Riley answered, her cheeks becoming flushed, "Ready to go?"

"Yeah, we should get going," Lucas replied, offering his arm to her, which she quickly accepted, their eye contact never breaking.

"Have a nice time you two," Topanga said as Cory joined her in the kitchen, "Be home by 11."

"But isn't my curfew at 10?" Riley questioned her parents.

"Tonight is a special night. Just be home by eleven," Cory reassured her, "Have fun!"

"Thanks, we will," Riley agreed before turning and heading out the door with Lucas.

"Wasn't that just us?" Cory asked his wife, amazed at their daughter growing up.

"Then we blinked, and here we are," Topanga replied in agreement as they saw their daughter disappear into the night.

----------

Riley and Lucas walked down to the subway station to ride to the restaurant. When they got into the subway car, it wasn't particularly crowded, so they were able to find a couple of seats in the corner. Lucas sat down first waiting for Riley to sit next to him. To his surprise, Riley sat down in his lap instead.

"What are you doing?" Lucas inquired with a laugh, "You don't have to sit on my lap."

"I always end up here anyway," Riley teased him, referring to her past experiences, "Plus I don't have Maya here to do it for me."

"Whatever you say, Silly Girl," Lucas chuckled to himself, before putting his index finger under her chin and bringing her lips to his. After he pulled back he added, "You're not stealing my moment this time."

"But I thought you already had your moment," Riley reminded him, resting her hands behind his head.

"Why can't I have more than one?" Lucas challenged her with a smirk, "I sure do enjoy each one."

"Sure you can...But so can I," Riley smirked back, before laying a sweet kiss on him, leaving him speechless for a moment.

"Yeah, okay. You win," Lucas gave in after a moment, smiling bashfully. Riley let the conversation rest, slipping her fingers between his, silently enjoying the rest of the ride."

---------

When they got to their stop, Riley's curiosity got the better of her. She knew roughly where they were but she was dying to know where they were going.

"So when are you telling me where you are taking me?" Riley leaned on him for something, anything, about what they were doing for their date.

"Soon," Lucas teased her, still holding her in suspense, "Don't worry, we'll be there before you know it." Riley grabbed his hand and followed him as he led her out into the street.